GDT: Grand Ole Motley. Oilers v Predators - 6PM SNW

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Michelle gives more Joy. jmo
All this talk about blondes and Joy reminds me of a meme I saw. Here's some more Joy.
FB_IMG_1729192531508.jpg

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Please stay out of the Box. Stamkos on the powerplay always kills us

And please score some PP goals tonight

Funny looking at team stats. Both clubs are pretty similar.

Poor goal metrics despite good shot metrics. PP both anemic.

Goals allowed are basically worst in the league.

Two of the better face off teams.

Only difference is our PK is dreadful and theres is decent.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The Calgary Flames are doing alright for now.

Good for them.

This is HF Oil and you spent years of your life making thousands of posts telling us all what a crappy hockey player Broberg was.

The Oilers find themselves short on quality defensemen.
Broberg isnt a quality Defensemen and would have no impact on our record.

Reactions: Duke74

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I'm willing to watch and see for myself. You should watch Broberg with an expansive mind.
ive seen 3 of the blues games. Personally I enjoy broberg getting secondary assists and sitting on the bench when the puck goes in the net, or that hilarious stretch last game where he flailed at a puck and managed to get an assist with a poke choke that lost possession and went through 3 other blues players. all of his assist have no impact on the play.Its just a lucky streak and his underlaying numbers in the D zone are awful and his ice time looks to show he has been demoted to the bottom pairing. nice 4.6 million investment. Easy walk from that contract

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
ive seen 3 of the blues games. Personally I enjoy broberg getting secondary assists and sitting on the bench when the puck goes in the net, or that hilarious stretch last game where he flailed at a puck and managed to get an assist with a poke choke that lost possession and went through 3 other blues players. all of his assist have no impact on the play.Its just a lucky streak and his underlaying numbers in the D zone are awful and his ice time looks to show he has been demoted to the bottom pairing. nice 4.6 million investment. Easy walk from that contract
Not to mention the double minor he took at the end of the game sealing a loss for them.

He’s getting points but has been pretty lucky. Good for him.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I don't expect Broberg to rack up the points but scoring is good for the confidence.

Underlying numbers on the St. Louis Blues is about as underlying as you can get. Without context they mean next to nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Nashville is desperate for a win but feeling confident we get another notch in the win column. Could be another OT matchup based on our goaltending but the wheels are in motion after that Philly game. Hopefully the post game thread could be titled after the best Ryan Smyth quote… “I found my legs boys”

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Let's hope the team carries the mojo over from the back half of last game and gets going early and often against these guys. Drai 4 points tonight?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I grew up a hard rock fan, but seriously I would listen to this Disco over that every time

Fair enough. No argument from me. Cannons is simplistic, limited instrumentation and production but in context of todays music isn't so bad. Stands to reason we were absolutely spoiled musically from around 1965-through decades. I'm just happy now if I find anything I even want to listen to. Theres only so many times I can listen for the 200th time to all my classics albums.

The general consent with Cannons is at least they can get a decent base guitar beat down with easily listenable keyboards They harken past without being it. Every member of the Cannons band would prefer Fleetwood Mac as well. heh

Back seat rhythm. The best kind.
Memories of drive ins...:cool::partytime:

Man, everything was better back then.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The Calgary Flames are doing alright for now.

Good for them.

This is HF Oil and you spent years of your life making thousands of posts telling us all what a crappy hockey player Broberg was.

The Oilers find themselves short on quality defensemen.
Okay, there are trade proposal threads and shit for that. This thread is about the game tonight.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hot take but I find the people who cry about losing Broberg in every thread and the people rooting for Broberg to struggle in every thread to both be equally annoying.
I find it pointless to talk about a player that isn’t on the team in a thread about a hockey game that the player isn’t even on. Don’t need EVERY thread derailed.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
I didn’t mind it after awhile. Just kind of treated it as a fantasy show and not lotr.

The loving orcs that have families and who don’t want to go to war has to be the dumbest shit out there though.
Agreed. I actually enjoy the show especially if you dismiss all the liberties the writers are taking with the LOTR canon, and like you said, just enjoy it as a pure fantasy show, but the "friendly" Orcs thing they were trying to show there was beyond stupid.

Anyhoo, Draisaitl with an 8 point night against his personal bitches.

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
We lost 3 of our 5 fastest players. Holloway, Mcloed and Foegele. Team speed has dropped significantly. Our defense is much worse off without Ceci, Desharnias and Broberg, also have Nurse with the anchor contract falling further and further off a cliff.

On top of that now begins the salary cap hell era which inevitably comes to any team possessing multiple stars worthy of 10-15% of the salary cap. The sad truth is if you look at history its pretty black and white that once the salary cap hell era begins with your stars getting paid mega contracts, the stanley cup window in turn closes quite abruptly. Not saying its not possible, just saying history shows its not very likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad