TSN: Gord Miller / Jamie Noodles McLennan give their opinion on Michael Bunting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
IMO, Bunting wasn't brought in as a Hyman replacement.
If anything Ritchie was.

Not sure that they really tried to "replace" him. None of these guys is going to be handed a full time top 6 spot without earning it.

I think they added three guys with upside, to go along with a hopefully recovered/improved Mikheyev and prospects like Robertson/Anderson to give themselves a good group to fight over the #5/6 forward slots and buttress the bottom 6.

noo

May 10, 2021
I've never seen this kid play once.. all I know is that I was pretty happy when he called himself something like a "pest" in that first interview..

Doesn't matter to me where he's playing as long as he's annoying the shit outta the other team... desperately need that!!

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I've never seen this kid play once.. all I know is that I was pretty happy when he called himself something like a "pest" in that first interview..

Doesn't matter to me where he's playing as long as he's annoying the shit outta the other team... desperately need that!!
People will like him quickly. The type of game he plays is what most people around here having been craving for. It doesn't mean he will fill the net though.

The problem is people like the OP that don't know about players that play outside of the organization and create these hyperbolic threads to continue to fan the flames of this already toxic forum.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
How does overspending on a player make sense to a team struggling financially?

Weird, you think paying Bunting more than $950k per season would be overspending yet you seem to think he's more than a marginal depth guy who got lucky in some garbage time games with Arizona.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Weird, you think paying Bunting more than $950k per season would be overspending yet you seem to think he's more than a marginal depth guy who got lucky in some garbage time games with Arizona.
What’s really weird is your attempt to read my mind.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Everyone needs to temper their expectations with Bunting. Nonsense threads like this obviously don't help.

He could be good but he also might be nothing. When we acquired Hyman, he was nothing. Most people hated him during his first season on the Leafs. There were threads on threads in this place about how he shouldn't be in the top 6.

Patience is a virtue.

Reactions: Coachcorner

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
What’s really weird is your attempt to read my mind.

I didn't go in this direction but it was really disingenuous in the first place when you played that overspending angle. Arizona has other forwards making money in the lower 1m's. You knew what I meant that he wouldn't have been an expensive player for Arizona to retain in the low $1m's.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Everyone needs to temper their expectations with Bunting. Nonsense threads like this obviously don't help.

He could be good but he also might be nothing. When we acquired Hyman, he was nothing. Most people hated him during his first season on the Leafs. There were threads on threads in this place about how he shouldn't be in the top 6.

Patience is a virtue.
That's a cool memory and note sire. :clap: That's right, I was one of the hyman defenders back then. Saw his importance to our thug club back then. Mine bunting expectations might be a bit high sire, so thank you calming mine down and so on. I will try to not write his name down too often. Might bring up the preasure. I will write down the kurtis gabriel name though, because of his HUGE CONFIDENCE concerning the life and mikayla demaiter. He has the best gangsta lady in the world all to himself. In hockey world I mean. Nobody can do better there. :thumb: Others might be jelious, but don't be alarmed sire.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah i thought it was a bit much seeing all of the Super Fans slot him in 1st LW in their lineups.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
There is a reason why he is signed to a contract under One mil.
If he has potential to become a top line player, other teams would have offered him 2mil and gamble to see if he can reach those potentials.
I think Kase will be the guy on AM and MM line. As he scores in traffic, tough and once thought to be a 30goals scorer, his only problem is staying healthy.

He left money on the table to sign with the Leafs.

Maybe other teams did offer him 2 million and he declined it.

Fans are far too obsessed with the cap hit related to production.

Kase is definitely getting underrated as a signing because everyone thinks he will be injured in game 1, but if he can stay healthy, he is likely a top 6 caliber player.

Also, why are we trying to replace Hyman? He was garbage last year. Just because he tries hard?

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
He'll likely at least get a shot in the top 6. If we get 15g ~35pts out of him I'd be pretty happy. Seems like a player who can potentially play on any line and bring some energy (like Hyman)

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If Kase is healthy he could end up top 6 by years end, but he is a pure right winger, so i'd give him longer odds.
If he's in the top 6 it likely means Willie has slid over to left, or we are going three deep on the lines.
Willie - Matthews/Tavares - Kase

Bunting - Kampf - Anderson would be a great youngish 4th line with a little bite, problem is lots of people out of place (Spezza, Simmonds, Mik, Kerf, etc) then for a third line?
That’s the thing I don’t get about Hockey players, is playing RW and LW that much of a difference? I mean maybe Kase can’t switch to LW but what about MM switching.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
If he blows our zone early and is the last man back while gluing himself to the front of net like Heyman did he’ll get his points , doesn’t really make him much if a player since anyone who can skate can play that role .

Reactions: Guided by Veseys

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Tbh the one forward that annoys me that he's on the roster is Simmonds.

I'd love to start the year with

Ritchie --- Matthews --- Marner
Nylander --- Tavares --- Kase
Bunting --- Kerfoot --- Spezza
Mikheyev --- Kampf --- Engvall
(Robertson --- Amadio --- Anderson)

Simmonds just gets in the way.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That’s the thing I don’t get about Hockey players, is playing RW and LW that much of a difference? I mean maybe Kase can’t switch to LW but what about MM switching.

I know both Nylander and Mikheyev have played the opposite wing plenty for us. I'm pretty sure Kase has played plenty of LW too.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He left money on the table to sign with the Leafs.

Maybe other teams did offer him 2 million and he declined it.

Fans are far too obsessed with the cap hit related to production.

Kase is definitely getting underrated as a signing because everyone thinks he will be injured in game 1, but if he can stay healthy, he is likely a top 6 caliber player.

Also, why are we trying to replace Hyman? He was garbage last year. Just because he tries hard?
I agree we don’t need a Hyman replacement on the top line, we need a Hyman improvement.
I do think Kase is the guy if he stays healthy.
As for Bunting, I don’t think he can be a 25G/55pts player but expecting him to be 15G/30pts.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I know both Nylander and Mikheyev have played the opposite wing plenty for us. I'm pretty sure Kase has played plenty of LW too.
Exactly. I just don’t see why Kase or any other wingers can’t play on opposite wings if the teams need them to.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
What wonderful serendipity that the Leafs acquired a Hyman replacement for $1M aav who a cash starved Arizona didn't want to retain despite 6 seasons of pro development in the organization.

Isn't that what our apparently unbeatable rivals Florida did with stealing Verhaeghe from those morons in Tampa?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Isn't that what our apparently unbeatable rivals Florida did with stealing Verhaeghe from those morons in Tampa?
Kind of different since TB is stacked with talents while we can’t say the same about the Yokes.

Do hope that Bunting can pull a Verbaeghe though.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Tbh the one forward that annoys me that he's on the roster is Simmonds.

I'd love to start the year with

Ritchie --- Matthews --- Marner
Nylander --- Tavares --- Kase
Bunting --- Kerfoot --- Spezza
Mikheyev --- Kampf --- Engvall
(Robertson --- Amadio --- Anderson)

Simmonds just gets in the way.
I think Kase will be with AM and Marner.
Bunting and Ritchie will be with JT.
Spezza with Willie and Kerfoot
Then the checking line like yours.

Simmonds will be the 13th forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad