Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Stephane Quintal. He had a no trade clause. Sather had a deal worked with Chicago. Q wanted no part of Chicago. Rangers waived him. Hawks claimed him and traded Grosek and Brown to the Rangers for future considerations. 2000.
dang I always wished Grosek could have just been a bit better and made it

Reactions: JoeMurphysSkates

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I like Goodrow. Plays hard and shows up in the playoffs, but he is paid too much. I imagine Drury spoke to Grier. They are miles from the cap floor, let alone the ceiling.

It would be peak Rangers to waive Goodrow to give Lindgren a big contract. I'll wait until he is actually claimed to see what's next.

Even more Rangers luck, no one claims him and then we are seen as treating a hard working respected vet poorly.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
What a f***ing schizophrenic group - all year long crying and praying for Goodrow to get traded or bought out and Drury waives his ass and everyone is in disbelief and cites a few playoff games as reason to not waive him.

This place, sometimes. SMDH.

Guy cracks me up. Is his source Friedman?

Humorous Post of the Day Winner, IMHO.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Definitely a good move to clear him out, if we are in fact able to do that.

He had a good playoffs, he's kind of a playoff performer. I get that.

But our kids and other core all have plenty of playoff experience now, and we need actual good players more than we need a guy who has grit and experience but otherwise sucks.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I like Goodrow. Plays hard and shows up in the playoffs, but he is paid too much. I imagine Drury spoke to Grier. They are miles from the cap floor, let alone the ceiling.

It would be peak Rangers to waive Goodrow to give Lindgren a big contract. I'll wait until he is actually claimed to see what's next.

Even more Rangers luck, no one claims him and then we are seen as treating a hard working respected vet poorly.

Meh. I think players know its a business. Goodrow also had to know he was on borrowed time after not getting bought out last year after a much more embarrassing playoff exit.

Im terrified of the bolded though. I think Drury knows what hes doing, but I have bad defenseman PTSD.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010

I'd say that ship sailed when we bought out Henrik

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What a f***ing schizophrenic group - all year long crying and praying for Goodrow to get traded or bought out and Drury waives his ass and everyone is in disbelief and cites a few playoff games as reason to not waive him.

This place, sometimes. SMDH.
The vast majority of posters in this thread are supporting the move, so don't really get what you are saying. Like I said, I'm 100% for getting rid of Goodrow. Waiving him in the middle of the Stanley Cup finals kinda caught me off guard, not going to lie to you.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I did not see this coming. Would've thought he would have some value in a trade where the Rangers wouldn't have to add an asset/retain much in said trade. Hopefully, they can get something back tangible for him and not buy him out.

His time with the team was disappointing, but it wasn't his fault the Rangers gave him that dumb contract. I wish him well.

Reactions: leetch99

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The vast majority of posters in this thread are supporting the move, so don't really get what you are saying. Like I said, I'm 100% for getting rid of Goodrow. Waiving him in the middle of the Stanley Cup finals kinda caught me off guard, not going to lie to you.

Yeah I don't really get the timing here.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
12.8 mil (Im assuming he gets claimed but its 13 mil if its just a buyout) in cap space with only Schneider and Lindgren as unsigned RFAs. They can definitely do some things now.

Reactions: AirGut

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yeah I don't really get the timing here.
You would have to assume they had a trade in place with a team, but Goodrow refused to waive his 15-team NTC to go to there. And the Rangers have the word from a GM that they will claim him if the Rangers waive him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad