Proposal: Good ole Canadian 3 way Leafs-Oilers-Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
With Edmonton's goaltending woes I wonder if Mrazek has any value to the Oilers?
If so that piece or pieces is most likely going to be part of a deal to acquire Miller.
IIRC a few Vancouver fans were ok with 2022 1st+Amirov+2022 2nd+Ritche for Miller@50%
I would like to lessen the Leaf assets as much as possible by seeing if the Oilers are willing to move an asset that Vancouver fans are interested in.

Mrazek isn't better than either of the current Oilers goaltenders.

Why would they do this?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
With Edmonton's goaltending woes I wonder if Mrazek has any value to the Oilers?
If so that piece or pieces is most likely going to be part of a deal to acquire Miller.
IIRC a few Vancouver fans were ok with 2022 1st+Amirov+2022 2nd+Ritche for Miller@50%
I would like to lessen the Leaf assets as much as possible by seeing if the Oilers are willing to move an asset that Vancouver fans are interested in.

vancouver trades..... Miller @50% + Halak
Toronto Trades .......Toronto's 2021-1st, Toronto's 2022-2nd, Knies
Edmonton................Conditional 2022-2nd, which converts to a 2023-2nd if Chicago is awarded their 2022-2nd

Vancouver gets.........Toronto's 2021-1st, Toronto's 2022-2nd, Knies, and Edmonton's 2022-2nd if Chicago does not get it, otherwise 2023-2nd
Toronto get...............Miller @ 50%
Edmonton gets.........Halak

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Not a question of not wanting Miller, simply a matter of not wanting to throw such a ridiculous haul of assets towards such an endeavour. If the Leafs are trading for Miller at 50%, think along the lines of:

Select One: Kerfoot or Ritchie
Select One: 2022 1st Round Pick, Rodion Amirov, Nick Robertson, Topi Niemla
Select Two: 2023 2nd Round Pick (send back Winnipeg's 2022 3rd), Abramov, SDA, Kokkonen, Abrusezze, Steeves, Dermott (send back Schenn)
Oh so basically you only want to give up 1 decent asset in order to aquire a player like Miller. If you want a trade like that to happen then you're taking Miller at 100%.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
What? The Leafs would like a player like that - every team would. What they would want and no team wants is to massively overpay for JT Miller a player who is neither of those things.
Sorry Miller is neither of what things?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
a top line, PPG, power forward who brings the emotion and will the leafs obviously are missing in the playoffs every year.
He’s all of those things except maybe powerforward. If you really want to nitpick on what a powerforward is, he’s a skilled winger that is strong down low and plays with physicality and grit.

Reactions: John Johnson

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
He’s all of those things except maybe powerforward. If you really want to nitpick on what a powerforward is, he’s a skilled winger that is strong down low and plays with physicality and grit.
Yes, he is a good player.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ritchie is a cap dump to 31 teams in the league. Maybe 32.

Amirov is not an elite prospect.
In your opinion- not mine. We can have different ideas about a players. BTW I said excellent not elite. I am also a fan of Ritchie.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
In your opinion- not mine. We can have different ideas about a players. BTW I said excellent not elite. I am also a fan of Ritchie.
Your original reply to me implied that you disagreed with my assessment of Amirov not being an elite prospect.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Your original reply to me implied that you disagreed with my assessment of Amirov not being an elite prospect.
No, you asked if I thought "1st+good but not elite prospect+2nd+cap dump is an overpayment? " and I said that No, but a"2022 1st+Amirov+2022 2nd+Ritche for Miller@50% certainly is. [an over payment] then you said "In other words, 1st+good but not elite prospect+2nd+cap dump is an over payment? "and I said no. As with that package, there was no cap dump, it includes an excellent prospect and a 2022 first. Then you decided that 31 or 32 team would consider Ritchie a cap dump and I said that we can have different opinions on players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dubas with another move they didn't need... Mrazek for 3 years at $3.8M. With the Rielly extension, something has to give and they clearly want to re-sign Campbell.

14 players under contract next year with $6.2M in cap space. Leafs going to be shopping to move Mrazek, Kerfoot, Richie, over and over and over again.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Ah yes, let the Oilers help the leafs get off the hook for the bad deal they signed Mzarek to.

Why would the Oilers take Mzarek for free? Let alone send assets for him?

Reactions: voxel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad