OT: Golf 2.0

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So our club championship was this past weekend, wow was it a hot 2 days. Apparently I'm not a pressure player, 92 the first day and 82 the second day.:laugh: It's a little different game with no gimme putts , everything in the hole . I saw some really short putts missed over 2 days and not just by me.:laugh: I think i was too tired on day 2 to swing like a dummy on Sunday because i was in the fairway alot . :laugh:

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So our club championship was this past weekend, wow was it a hot 2 days. Apparently I'm not a pressure player, 92 the first day and 82 the second day.:laugh: It's a little different game with no gimme putts , everything in the hole . I saw some really short putts missed over 2 days and not just by me.:laugh: I think i was too tired on day 2 to swing like a dummy on Sunday because i was in the fairway alot . :laugh:

It’s a humbling sport. I find the heat to be a killer when it comes to golf. I don’t handle it as well as I use to. Nice comeback round on day 2.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It’s a humbling sport. I find the heat to be a killer when it comes to golf. I don’t handle it as well as I use to. Nice comeback round on day 2.
The worst thing was absolutely no wind both days, there was no break from the heat it just kept getting hotter and hotter.I had 3 golf gloves going in rotation because they were soaked in sweat. On Sunday after 9 holes they had frozen towels that you could grab and and hang it on your neck, man was that great for half a hole.:laugh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I have had 3 sub 90 rounds this season WTF ?
Have 30 games so far.
Weird, turning a corner?
Golf is hard, if you can consistently start playing under 90 you are doing very well .:thumbu: Then you move on to trying to break 80 , got my first eagle of the year on Sunday and shot 81 damnit .:laugh:

Reactions: ps241 and Eyeseeing

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Golf is hard, if you can consistently start playing under 90 you are doing very well .:thumbu: Then you move on to trying to break 80 , got my first eagle of the year on Sunday and shot 81 damnit .:laugh:
Played Windsor yesterday, it was hard as a rock. Couldn't get the clubhead underneath anything.

That said, and given it was Windsor, I had the round of my life and shot a 74. I'm generally an 85-95 kind of guy with only ever two rounds under 80, so this was something. Everything just...worked. :)

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Played Windsor yesterday, it was hard as a rock. Couldn't get the clubhead underneath anything.

That said, and given it was Windsor, I had the round of my life and shot a 74. I'm generally an 85-95 kind of guy with only ever two rounds under 80, so this was something. Everything just...worked. :)
74 anywhere is a great score, hell of a game @buggs :nod:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

Congrats buddy! That is an awesome score.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
@buggs new theme song .:laugh:

And I can't take credit for his great round...

Never took me up on offer to host him on the range at Southwood and then buy him lunch or supper...

I feel so beneath him... is he some kind of Far Right Winger... ?

I'm an Elitist Lefty... don't you know... !!!

:laugh:

If he's a good right winger... the Jets are looking...

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
RIP Chi Chi Rodriguez
88 years young

chi-chi-sword-dance.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad