OT: Golf 2.0

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wouldn't mind seeing Justin Rose getting his first win at Augusta. A swing every golfer should strive to have.
Love to see another Canadian win, both Connors and Hughes can play and are doing fairly well .

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Wouldn't mind seeing Justin Rose getting his first win at Augusta. A swing every golfer should strive to have.

I use a Striker Ball he uses (non-sponsored) in his practice sessions... helps you stay connected/gives you the feel of the triangle and hinge...

Have watched some video of him, about him... great guy... I would love to see him win...

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Love to see another Canadian win, both Connors and Hughes can play and are doing fairly well .

If you follow this link you can watch every stroke from Conners here: Corey Conners (masters.com)

For that matter you can do Hughes here: Mackenzie Hughes (masters.com)

You can watch their whole round stroke by stroke in digital segments...

Hughes is an amazing putter and short game guy... Conners is emerging as one of the best in the World period....

If you want to copy a full golf swing watch Conners... unreal...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If you follow this link you can watch every stroke from Conners here: Corey Conners (masters.com)

For that matter you can do Hughes here: Mackenzie Hughes (masters.com)

You can watch their whole round stroke by stroke in digital segments...

Hughes is an amazing putter and short game guy... Conners is emerging as one of the best in the World period....

If you want to copy a full golf swing watch Conners... unreal...
I loved the story they said today, Connors and Hughes were on the practice green and Weir came out and Connors and Hughes ran over like little kids to say hi and get Weir's autograph. :laugh:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I loved the story they said today, Connors and Hughes were on the practice green and Weir came out and Connors and Hughes ran over like little kids to say hi and get Weir's autograph. :laugh:

Yes... that was very cool... if you look at their ages Weir was an idol... his Augusta win made it real to them as an ambition... very cool...

I watched the kids Pitch & Putt championship earlier at Augusta...

There was a whole bunch of Canadian kids that medaled... and one that won their age group this year...

Canada is a legit up and coming nation in golf... that is very cool also...

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
The early starts to the golf season typically mean a bit of weather troubles to navigate. At least the temps aren’t dropping too crazy.

Heading out for 9 today and 9 tomorrow... haven’t even swung a club! Tee times are early enough to get back and cozy in for last few hours of Masters both days.

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I swear I have now figured out how to hit a driver properly. It's all in the core. Transfer that weight forward! Boom! Still a bogey golfer for the most part but it's getting better boys.

Watch Finau. Hip turn starts but upper torso totally controls the hands on the grip striking the ball with grip/hands well ahead of the ball.

At contact make sure your hips clear before your torso gets to impact.

You are on the right track.

I will post you a video, the best I have seen on the subject when I get back to My home office

Last edited:
Reactions: winnipegger and GNP

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm taking lessons to make my driving more consistent. Main issue was my takeaway, and that I didn't have my shoulders perpendicular to an imagined line to the ball. This led to inconsistencies in my downswing.

Now to figure out why this new swing is causing me to slice my long irons.

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
@winnipegger ...

Here you go re: controlling torso... it's a little more than that for sure... but you will see...

And what you discovered on your driver is the same for every club...

It was a big breakthrough to learn that your body leads the club, not the other way around. Before I was basically just swinging with my arms. Last ball in the bucket yesterday I drove it 250 and woooooo baby that feels good to a bum like me. Now if I could do that everytime instead of once every ten shots... There's so many damn things to remember about your swing getting it all right for one shot is a crapshoot.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Beautiful morning, first off and played 18 in 2 and half hours , shot 85 using the pro's clubs, that's what he gets when mine are so delayed. :laugh: Did i mention it was a beautiful morning. :nod:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Beautiful morning, first off and played 18 in 2 and half hours , shot 85 using the pro's clubs, that's what he gets when mine are so delayed. :laugh: Did i mention it was a beautiful morning. :nod:

I will be having a fitting for some Mizuno's on the 20th...

I will have to wait 6 to 7 weeks for them to arrive...

A lot of people are back to golf... damn them...

Oops that's right... I'm one of them... :rolleyes:

Was at the range at Southwood... regular pants, a base layer under My polo...

Just went to the butcher... got some New Yorks and some chicken thighs and breasts... picked up more beer...

BBQ tonight... :nod:

Yes it's a beautiful day... keep it going I say...

Monday morning... Snowblower... :laugh:

Oh... and nice score '31... :clap:

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I don't want to sound heartless or anything, but what are the odds that the lightning hits more than a couple of players? Don't they understand that I was having a perfectly pleasant day sitting on the couch?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't want to sound heartless or anything, but what are the odds that the lightning hits more than a couple of players? Don't they understand that I was having a perfectly pleasant day sitting on the couch?

You have the soul of an emperor. :laugh:

Reactions: Romang67

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Missed Jets game.
Golfed last 2 holes in the dark ( had my Rx sunglasses on to boot )
Big delay played behind a group of 6 :ha:
Shot 90 at Kildonan

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Missed Jets game.
Golfed last 2 holes in the dark ( had my Rx sunglasses on to boot )
Big delay played behind a group of 6 :ha:
Shot 90 at Kildonan
We aren't allowed more than 4 since Covid , used to allow 5 and that's too many 6 is down right stupid. :help:

Reactions: Eyeseeing

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
We aren't allowed more than 4 since Covid , used to allow 5 and that's too many 6 is down right stupid. :help:

Always my biggest gripe with St. B. Playing as a pair behind a group of five members. Wouldn't let us play through. :mad: I've played 17 holes at St. B and it's the only course I've ever done that. We just drive right by the friggin' group. Also aside from Cottonwood it's the only place I've actually seen a 5some.

Don't know if I ever told the story here but the first time I golfed at St. Charles it was beautiful. We were much younger, three guys and one guys wife. The wife was (and remains, she usually finishes top 10 in the club championship at St. Chuck's) the best of the group. Three and a half hours teeing off at 11:oo A.M. and we even let a pair off ahead of us at the start of the back nine. The marshal asked, we said sure, they hopped up on the tee box, no practice swings, straight down the middle, both of them. They jogged off the tee box, said thanks, grabbed their bags and actually jogged to their second shots. Course was immaculate, even the rough/woods are trimmed. Only way to lose a ball there is to put it into someone's yard or the river.

Next day I played at Cottonwood with a buddy. Teed off at 11:00 as well. Took us six and a half hours. We were playing behind an 8. I'm sure it was two groups of four playing together but it was so frustrating to be behind. Saw a guy in cutoff shorts, no shirt, Billy Beru level clubs pulling a cooler behind himself. :laugh: Last time I played at Cottonwood. Ever.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Always my biggest gripe with St. B. Playing as a pair behind a group of five members. Wouldn't let us play through. :mad: I've played 17 holes at St. B and it's the only course I've ever done that. We just drive right by the friggin' group. Also aside from Cottonwood it's the only place I've actually seen a 5some.

Don't know if I ever told the story here but the first time I golfed at St. Charles it was beautiful. We were much younger, three guys and one guys wife. The wife was (and remains, she usually finishes top 10 in the club championship at St. Chuck's) the best of the group. Three and a half hours teeing off at 11:oo A.M. and we even let a pair off ahead of us at the start of the back nine. The marshal asked, we said sure, they hopped up on the tee box, no practice swings, straight down the middle, both of them. They jogged off the tee box, said thanks, grabbed their bags and actually jogged to their second shots. Course was immaculate, even the rough/woods are trimmed. Only way to lose a ball there is to put it into someone's yard or the river.

Next day I played at Cottonwood with a buddy. Teed off at 11:00 as well. Took us six and a half hours. We were playing behind an 8. I'm sure it was two groups of four playing together but it was so frustrating to be behind. Saw a guy in cutoff shorts, no shirt, Billy Beru level clubs pulling a cooler behind himself. :laugh: Last time I played at Cottonwood. Ever.
Probably why Cottonwood closed. :laugh: 5 is too many, me and another guy from my group used to HATE when we played in a group of 5 , no matter how much we would run up to the next tee and hit before the other 3 slowly walked to the tee, they wouldn't speed up. I hate spending my day looking back to see how much we would hold the course up. :mad: Best thing to happen because of Covid is we now can't play in groups of 5. We played behind the same group of guys for a long time and they would send 1 guy back to play in our group all the time if they had 6 guys , and they would have 2 tee times. But they wanted to play in 5 . :help:You know how many times that would make us 5 instead of 4 ? Just unbelievable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad