GDT: Golden Knights vs Senators | Caption This! Edition | Nov 8th, 7:30 PM @ CTC

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Was there last night but I can easily see why people wouldn't want to go.

Parking =nightmare. It takes like 30 minutes to get out of that place
Food and drink = hella expensive! 11$ for a tall can holy God.

Couple of his with a crappy team and crappy location and many people will stay home.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
i didn't think we played poorly at all. I came in with about 14 left in the second and I didn't think we got dominated at all. that fourth line caused us problems which im still trying to figure out why...
Sens had the better of the play for the 1st 10 minutes of the game as well imo.
The 2 goals on the PK after that tilted it the other way.
That big Vegas 4th line owned us almost every shift.
Still I think that 11-7 hurt us more than it helped us early. Its great for the top 6 guys but the other guys don't get in the game. Boucher continues to overuse Pyatt and Paajarvi. Even strength in the 1st.
Pyatt 3:19
Pajaarvi 3:19
White 2:01
Paul 1:28
Tkachuk 3:15
----------------------------- By the third things were corrected.. If Pyatt and Pajaarvi were effective shut down guys I'd accept it more
Lajoie's icetime was cut last night to a season low 14:15 ; = he had 3:09 in the 1st

Overall imo the team has to be quicker in our end.. they need to outwork the other team ,,, they are not.. They lose too many 50/50 races to the puck and battles when they get there.

Reactions: Cosmix

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
i didn't think we played poorly at all. I came in with about 14 left in the second and I didn't think we got dominated at all. that fourth line caused us problems which im still trying to figure out why...
We were peppered in the first 5 or so minutes. Beaten in the second and unraveled in the second half of the third.

Reeves line was just too big and strong. They plowed through the Sens at will. You can see that the players were frustrated with him. Most noticeably Bobby Ryan.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The Sens are 27th in the NHL in Point %
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
It was brutal. The ref standing right there saw everything develop and still called a good goal on the ice
Anderson initiated contact outside the crease and Carrier went out of his way to not hurt Anderson by stopping his fall.

I can see what the review group used to justify upholding the call on the ice and don't think they would have changed it to a good goal if the ref had waived it off.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We were peppered in the first 5 or so minutes. Beaten in the second and unraveled in the second half of the third.

Reeves line was just too big and strong. They plowed through the Sens at will. You can see that the players were frustrated with him. Most noticeably Bobby Ryan.
I don’t think we unraveled. Boro got danced around by carrier lol. And then a goal that shouldn’t have been a. Goal went in

Reactions: Cosmix and coladin

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Excellent question... I am not sure about his statement about almost all teams but .. certainly agree with it on this team

I used to agree with this take, but it stands to reason that there are players on your team that have skills that aren't purely offensive.

Sure, hockey players aren't as specialized as, say, football players, where you wouldn't want a linebacker returning a punt. But it's an extreme example that serves the point... there are players with defensive aptitudes that don't necessarily score so much. They're probably good PK'ers. And if the offensive talent on your team would be just as good at PK, why would a coach tire them out on a PK unit? They should be saved for 5 v 5 and PP.

If Tyler is baffled, it's because he's a simpleton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad