GDT: Gold star - Russian Combine- starting June 18

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Man I can’t wait for the draft, at this point fans are so thirsty for news that any report about anything gets turned into confirmation of whether or not team A is picking player B.

10 more gotdam days!

And then we can start arguing about the 2025 draft class :sarcasm:!

• Haha
Reactions: ElQuebecois and 417

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hughes was probably there but Seravelli just didn't recognize him. :)

View attachment 883937

Kent pulling into the arena:

seinfeld-george-costanza.gif

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
This thread is peak HF.

People were expecting Demidov to measure around 6 foot give or take an inch. Did everyone expect Chicago, Anaheim, etc. weren't going to even talk to him?

Literally nothing has changed.
However bad some women can be when it comes to the difference between 5'11" and 6'0", NHL GMs and fans are much, much worse lol

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Usually, I tend to wait until the thing actually happens before I'm disappointed. Chicago will still want a strong defender to build around and this draft is one of the rares where they have multiple choices. They'll be bad again next year and maybe the one after, they have time to get another forward or three.
And they know the value in getting the D first, they take longer to develop. If I were a betting man I say the hawks take Levshunov

Reactions: Shred

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
This is easy to say when we want to pick 4th instead of 5th right now, but we finished 10 points ahead of Columbus even with Allen putting up an .892 save percentage in 21 games. What does dropping 10-11 points actually look like in practice?
Last year’s tank could’ve gone better. This year’s was as good as could be expected given how awful the rest of the tankers were.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This thread is peak HF.

People were expecting Demidov to measure around 6 foot give or take an inch. Did everyone expect Chicago, Anaheim, etc. weren't going to even talk to him?

Literally nothing has changed.

Not considered small anymore.
English is good meaning his desire to come to NA is as stated.

Removing just those two questions from a debate that was being had WITH those questions is enough to flip the equation.

If you were dating two girls and you couldn't decide between them, then two of the things that gave you pause on one girl were now not an issue after further conversations, would that not give you your answer on who to pursue?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not considered small anymore.
English is good meaning his desire to come to NA is as stated.

Removing just those two questions from a debate that was being had WITH those questions is enough to flip the equation.

If you were dating two girls and you couldn't decide between them, then two of the things that gave you pause on one girl were now not an issue after further conversations, would that not give you your answer on who to pursue?
The pause is his lost year of development by being stuck in the MHL again. That they can’t compare him to CHLers or NCAA players from this year either because his competition stinks. A lot likely didn’t see him live.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
He was there all year long.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised he's now 6'1''. He started the year at 5'11'5''

I was ranking him as if he was min 6'0'5'' max of 6'1'5'' after another year of growth (1 inch is a good rule of thumb of a draft year), looks like he may end up at 6'15''.
Or, once he gets remeasured by an NHL team, 6'3"

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Last year’s tank could’ve gone better. This was was as good as could be expected given how awful the rest of the tankers were.
Yeah, for this year even with hindsight it's hard to see anything plausible that could have dropped us 10-11 points in the standings to get below Columbus without causing more damage than it's worth. Realistically you'd be looking at stuff like artificially keeping Slafkovsky in the bottom six all year or deliberately trolling with ice time deployment (eg. Barron playing 24 mins a night or something). I don't think trading Savard and cutting Matheson's minutes a bit would have done enough to drop 10 points.

Reactions: Trabdy2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad