Value of: Goaltender to EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I love it... Grubauer @ 0.880SPCT and $5.9M requires "something nominal" for Edmonton to acquire.

Meanwhile HF Hivemind has us paying multiple 1sts to unload Campbell @ 0.880 SPCT & $5.1M cap. Term is the same.

I'm not picking on you... it just struck a funny bone.

I believe he said they would have to give something nominal to the Oilers to take Grubauer.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Bern obviously knows nothing because Georgiev was bounced in the first round last year(Had nothing to do with them winning the Cup the year before)
Oilers fans were laughing at you then and everyone else is right now
Thank the lord that the Aves got Georgiev after they won a cup, so Darcy Kuemper could be in net for them during a cup run...is that right?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I believe he said they would have to give something nominal to the Oilers to take Grubauer.

Yes, understood that... even though my post isn't that clear.

Still "something nominal" =/= "multiple 1sts"... which doesn't make much sense given Grubauer's in almost exactly the same situation at Campbell.

Or it does make sense and just speaks to how desperate people perceive Edmonton to be. I suppose a few weeks ago there was some serious validity to that... however Skinner and Daccord have been two the better goalies in the league since then.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hindsight is 20/20. Georgiev is also having not the best year by the numbers. But a shooter tutor would be about as useful as Jack Campbell, so of course Georgiev would have been a better move.
yes
but I recommended it since before
so how much is it really hindsight?

Anyhoo
even tho some say Skinner + Pickard are ok -- and they may be right -- this thread title is for a G to EDM

Let's see what offers turn up

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You’re trying to solve a hypothetical problem in the future at the expense of todays team. Teams don’t say “hey we should trade our best defenseman today because possibly in the future we might have cap issues” (which is impossible to know without knowing where the cap is going to be in 3/4/5 years time, especially considering there’s likely to be a new cba between now and then, and that’s not even taking into account things like player injuries and ltir)

It’s a stupid idea for a team hoping to contend today. You’re getting Ceci, Graves, Gudas level players for 4-4.5M and even if you ponied up to get someone in Nurses range with a cap hit in the 4.5 range chances are you are going to have to pay that person in the next 3-5 years likely 6-7M+ on a long term deal so there goes all the hypothetical long term structural cap relief.

Every year Nurses deal becomes less of a percentage of the cap and less of a burden. The guy is 28, he’s not falling off a cliff any time soon. What you’re suggesting would be idiotic for the Oilers, it would be terrible asset management.
everything above is basically correct except the hypothetical future problem is not in a vacuum to address it exclusively in the future. THAT would be idiotic. It is actually to pay for a real current problem by dealing a long term expensive valued asset now, and in the process getting out from under big cap hit down the road on an asset expected to decline like 90+% of assets due to age

peace out

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
It's a weird one in that Grubauer can be elite at times. He seems to flash it like in the play offs last year and obviously showed enough to get a big contract. Then...doesn't. I'm not sure what Seattle would need to pay to dump it. It's not urgent as he can be an expensive backup.

Buddy, the Oilers have 0 cap space. You'd be taking an equal amount of salary back.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Of course, in a thread about a goaltender to Edmonton, we are talking about Nurse.

How about I start a separate thread about trading Nurse at 50%? Hmmmm?

IMHO the Oilers should trade for Mackenzie Blackwood. San Jose still owes Edmonton "futures" in one of those goalie for future consideration trades I didn't bother to list (Dylan Wells) so maybe that translates into a late pick?

It cost San Jose a 6th to get him, maybe they'll take a 6th to move him.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Bernmeister, please drop the idea of Nurse at 50%, I have seen you propose it a few times now and its not realistic in any way. If you want to take 4+ million worth of cap space for a few years Campbell is there to be had though.
Bernmeister is so nice, trying to help the Oilers out by giving a helping hand to pull them up off of the barrel he wants bend them over on.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
right
and
wrong [as detailed, you def get long term structural cap relief, and have potential to get some relief short term. Dif betw what you replace Nurse with
and cap hit = gap that varies with dif teams and situations. But you do you and want your cake and eat it too.]
Edmonton is willing to help NYR out Bernmeister. We all know goalies are voodoo so we will take Shesterkin off you hands to give you some cap relief. Shesterkin at 50%+ some picks for Kulak and a few other junk pieces.

See I am make dumb proposals as well.

You know damn well Nurse is a steal at 4.6 million that is why you want him. As you have said in many of your posting you want profit and Edmonton isn't in the Market of helping other teams out even if they bring in more revenues than any other NHL teams

yes
but I recommended it since before
so how much is it really hindsight?

Anyhoo
even tho some say Skinner + Pickard are ok -- and they may be right -- this thread title is for a G to EDM

Let's see what offers turn up
You are right so why did you bring Nurse into it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad