Goals against review thread

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
June 13th, 2024

Panthers vs Oilers: 3 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Skinner, 2 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 7. Goals stoppable: 3. Percentage of goals stoppable: 42.86%. Combined save percentages: .879%.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So may stoppable goals. Sieves everywhere.
I think Skinner has the most I've ever counted for a single goalie in a playoff year before.

I think 20 and 21 came last night. My notes aren't in front of me, phone is charging.

I'd have to go back to them for the most I've counted for a single goalie in a playoff year, but it's usually not more than 15 or 16. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I don't think I've ever had anyone break 20 before Skinner just did.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think Skinner has the most I've ever counted for a single goalie in a playoff year before.

I think 20 and 21 came last night. My notes aren't in front of me, phone is charging.

I'd have to go back to them for the most I've counted for a single goalie in a playoff year, but it's usually not more than 15 or 16. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I don't think I've ever had anyone break 20 before Skinner just did.
So your thesis is Edmonton would have had better goaltending with Blackwood and be ahead 3-0?

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So your thesis is Edmonton would have had better goaltending with Blackwood and be ahead 3-0?
f*** no

Very similar results. Skinner isn't as bad as Blackwood, but for some reason he stinks in the playoffs.

Playoff Skinner is on par with Blackwood.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
June 16th, 2024

Panthers vs Oilers: 5 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Stolarz in relief, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Skinner, 0 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 9. Goals stoppable: 3. Percentage of goals stoppable: 33%. Combined save percentages: .868%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Ryan McLeod goal on Anthony Stolarz

This one looks pretty weak on the angle from straight on at ice level. It’s rolling, but looks to go through him and up and over him. Definitely was worse than the Nugent-Hopkins goal he allowed and worse than the one I tagged Bobrovsky on.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Softy of the night is this Ryan McLeod goal on Anthony Stolarz

This one looks pretty weak on the angle from straight on at ice level. It’s rolling, but looks to go through him and up and over him. Definitely was worse than the Nugent-Hopkins goal he allowed and worse than the one I tagged Bobrovsky on.

Nah, wide open slot which McLeod leans into. Looks like McLeod goes bar down, or at least top shelf, with it but, even if that goes tips off Stolarz's glove or shoulder, what is he supposed to do there, just stay bigger? No way he's making a reactionary save from that distance.

Side note, Perry's secondary assist on Holloway's late goal was very nice, and just a very nice passing sequence all around. Also just now realizing Perry is once again going to be on the losing end of a stanley cup finals. He has to be approaching a record in this regard.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That McLeod goal reminds me of the OT winner vs Bob in the last rnd. On the rush, clean look from the slot, puts the shot over the goalie.

Fans thinking these should be saves? Yeah, I dunno.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That McLeod goal reminds me of the OT winner vs Bob in the last rnd. On the rush, clean look from the slot, puts the shot over the goalie.

Fans thinking these should be saves? Yeah, I dunno.
Not at at all a terrible goal, but the worst of the 3 I nailed stoppable.

The Nugent-Hopkins goal looked worse at first for squeaking through the goalie, but thought it was a bit fluky that it went in.

I remember the OT winner in game 2 of the ECF, which I gave Bob a stoppable goal for. I think others had a bigger problem with that one in the OOT than I did.

That one looked slightly go through Stolarz’s arm and then up and over it. Thought it could have hit him. I think it did tick off him a little.

The Nurse goal on Bob wasn’t good, but I thought this one was worse.

I thought this goal looked worse at the on ice cam at ground level. Stolarz gets a good look at it and it appears to almost go through him and up over his shoulder. Granted it was a rolling puck because of the block.

In the regular season, this probably isn’t a softy of the night goal, because there’s usually 3-14 games on those nights and 10-85 more goals scored. whereas this was the only one of last night.

Reactions: Triumph and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Not at at all a terrible goal, but the worst of the 3 I nailed stoppable.

The Nugent-Hopkins goal looked worse at first for squeaking through the goalie, but thought it was a bit fluky that it went in.

I remember the OT winner in game 2 of the ECF, which I gave Bob a stoppable goal for. I think others had a bigger problem with that one in the OOT than I did.

That one looked slightly go through Stolarz’s arm and then up and over it. Thought it could have hit him. I think it did tick off him a little.

The Nurse goal on Bob wasn’t good, but I thought this one was worse.

I thought this goal looked worse at the on ice cam at ground level. Stolarz gets a good look at it and it appears to almost go through him and up over his shoulder. Granted it was a rolling puck because of the block.

In the regular season, this probably isn’t a softy of the night goal, because there’s usually 3-14 games on those nights and 10-85 more goals scored. whereas this was the only one of last night.
Because during the regular season Blackwood is playing and he gives one up where after making three impossible saves he gives one up on an open visible shot from the point where he purposely positions himself completely on the wrong side of the net just to contribute to your mental breakdown.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
June 18th, 2024

Oilers vs Panthers: 3 goals against Skinner, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 7. Goals stoppable: 2. Percentage of goals stoppable: 28.57%. Combined save percentages: .873%.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Connor McDavid goal on Sergei Bobrovsky

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
June 21st, 2024

Panthers vs Oilers: 3 goals against Bobrovsky, 0 stoppable. 1 goal against Skinner, 0 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 4. Goals stoppable: 0. Percentage of goals stoppable: 0%. Combined save percentages: .900%.

No stoppable goals, so no softy of the night.

Sorry. I forgot to do one after the game on Friday.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
June 24th, 2024

Last one of the 2023-2024 season.

Oilers vs Panthers: 2 goals against Skinner, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Bobrovsky, 0 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 3. Goals stoppable: 1. Percentage of goals stoppable: 33%. Combined save percentages: .933%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Sam Reinhart goal on Stuart Skinner

Thanks for whoever follows along. I’ll be back again next season, just as I have for the last 6.

Maybe I’ll make some add on’s or something a little different to make it more interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad