Value of: Goalie to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It’ll be interesting to see who Dubas brings in this off-season.

He’s had some real laughers, like 3 years for Petr MraSUCK (thanks for the bailout Chicago!) and taking on the last two years of Murray’s very expensive cremains.

Reactions: JKG33

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Binnington is available. Rebuild will take 2-3 years. He may be the only reason we may not finish at the bottom next year. Don’t want to lose him, but could use the cap room to sign younger players.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Would only be fitting if Carter Hart lands in Pittsburgh and taunts us the upcoming years. At some point u start getting used to it.

Seriously, would the Pens fans be interested in him?
You must hate Hart a lot to look at a trade to the Pens. Yikes. This team will do what it usually does: a solid tank job that gets them 3 top 3 picks in a row. No way they entertain getting Hart with this 30+ lineup with close to no prospect in the system.

Pens are one team not to worry about for a few years.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Cal Petersen is available in la I'm sure. It would depend on what your coaches think about him. was it just one awful year or can your team get him back to where he was Cost is very minimum 7th pick in w/e year you want it in

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Binnington is available. Rebuild will take 2-3 years. He may be the only reason we may not finish at the bottom next year. Don’t want to lose him, but could use the cap room to sign younger players.

How bout nooooooooo........

Cal Petersen is available in la I'm sure. It would depend on what your coaches think about him. was it just one awful year or can your team get him back to where he was Cost is very minimum 7th pick in w/e year you want it in

And no times a billion. Petersen has to be one of, if not the worst cap dump in the league. If the Pens were trying to tank the next few seasons I would be interested as it would be accompanied by a sizable pick and prospect. But they are not looking to tank. LA will be stuck with this contract for the next season, IMO. Mostly because I don't see them paying the price to move the contract.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

We would want an add to take him.

Bob, 3.5 mil retained for Granlund, who we then flip for a pick.

Sure.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Most of the options actually available really aren't much if any better than just keeping Jarry tbh, especially considering age and giving up assets as well.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It’ll be interesting to see who Dubas brings in this off-season.

He’s had some real laughers, like 3 years for Petr MraSUCK (thanks for the bailout Chicago!) and taking on the last two years of Murray’s very expensive cremains.

If they don't get past this first round, he may not be around to choose another goalie.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Kaliyev or Grundstrom. Would want you to take Desmith back too.

That is not even close to enough to take on Petersen.

Grundstrom = DeSmith in terms what they provide to a team. So then you are willing to take on the Petersen contract without retention for Kaliyev? IMO, it would have to involve another good prospect+retention. Petersen cannot be the backup plus he can't be bought out due to the way the contract is structured.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
That is not even close to enough to take on Petersen.

Grundstrom = DeSmith in terms what they provide to a team. So then you are willing to take on the Petersen contract without retention for Kaliyev? IMO, it would have to involve another good prospect+retention. Petersen cannot be the backup plus he can't be bought out due to the way the contract is structured.

I have no problem taking on Petersen's contract if we get a cheap bottom six forward in addition.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Would only be fitting if Carter Hart lands in Pittsburgh and taunts us the upcoming years. At some point u start getting used to it.

Seriously, would the Pens fans be interested in him?
Absolutely! What do you think Flyers would want for him?
Also do you realistically think Philly would trade with Pittsburgh?

I'd like to run with a 1A/1B tandem. As others have said, goalies can be fickle. No sense in putting all your eggs in 1 basket, unless they prove it.

Hence, if Jarry was willing to come back on a cap reasonable prove it deal...maybe 1yr-2yr $3.5M-$4M. If a reasonable trade could be made for Hart, as he has 1 year left on his deal, that could work.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
How does a cheap (for 1 year) bottom six forward help the Pens when the cap hit for Petersen is 5mil for the next two seasons?

Hypothetically Desmith for Petersen means we are spending 3.2 more on a back-up. If you get a player out of that and then add in a cheaper player on top of it I'm okay with it. Not great with it, but whatever kinda the situation we are in with our net.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Pens should hope the Devils don’t qualify Mackenzie Blackwood.

That way you can start him 65 games and you can tank the year away.

I wish the Pens would have wanted him this year. He could have tanked your season away and you could have had the possibility of a Sid/Geno/Bedard team in 23-24.

Not much of a chance Blackwood could ever play 65 games though. He gets hurt too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad