Speculation: Goalie situation

How should we go ?

• Husso as a starter (2/3 games), Lyon as a backup (1/3 games)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Husso as 1a, Lyon as 1b

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Husso & Lyon 50/50

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Lyon as 1a, Husso as Husso 1b

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Lyon as a clear starter (2/3), Husso as a backup (1/3)

Votes: 59 74.7%
  • Some Reimer option...

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
As far as I know, one-way just means he's paid the same whether he's in the NHL or not. A two-way would pay him a different salary when he's not in the NHL.

Gotcha, yeah that's what I figured. It will be interesting to see who ends up on waivers.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Gotcha, yeah that's what I figured. It will be interesting to see who ends up on waivers.

Campbell and Husso is my guess.

Can't see Husso getting picked up at his salary, someone might take Campbell if they have some injuries in pre-season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1728461694210.png

Funny how this goes. Lyon wasn't good at pre-season and Husso looks like he could rebound to form.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
It’ll be a while before we know who the real starter is, glad Husso looked good in preseason but that doesn’t mean much.

I don’t love the 3 goalie rotation but it gives us options to figure out if we have an actual number 1 and who that may be.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
View attachment 913870

Funny how this goes. Lyon wasn't good at pre-season and Husso looks like he could rebound to form.
Jesus, this is bad use of a small sample, even for you Henkka. I'll chalk it up to this being your personal preseason too. Shake the rust off, bud. Let's get those sample sizes up to at least 4 games next time, eh?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It’ll be a while before we know who the real starter is, glad Husso looked good in preseason but that doesn’t mean much.

I think it's encouraging that he looked good for 111 minutes without shitting the bed like last season. That's almost 2 full games. If he had shit the bed, it would have been him getting waived, not Holl. Preseason or not, even with the limited sample size it was enough to keep him in the NHL. I'm sure practice and scrimmages factored into it as well.

Talbot was brought in to be the starter, so I assume we're gonna get limited sample size for Lyon and Husso this whole season. Talbot got 54 starts last season, so we may see Husso and Lyon for only 14 games each.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad