Waived: [CAR] Tyson Jost waived by the Hurricanes

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That's a bit shocking to me, though I admit I haven't kept up on Hurricane camp. What's the deal here?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Good for Blake who’s making the team out of training camp. Jost will likely clear but never know. Maybe someone has a spot in their 4th line for him. At this point, he is what he is.

Reactions: DaveG

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Jost was one of the few who went against the grain at ND when he shouldn't have

Blake knew the program of staying for 2 years and developing right.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Jost was one of the few who went against the grain at ND when he shouldn't have

Blake knew the program of staying for 2 years and developing right.

How many of those other guys had an almost guaranteed top 9 NHL roster spot with PP time dangled in their face after their freshman year? I'm not sure I'd have been willing or able to turn down that opportunity either.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
How many of those other guys had an almost guaranteed top 9 NHL roster spot with PP time dangled in their face after their freshman year? I'm not sure I'd have been willing or able to turn down that opportunity either.

His linemate Boeser would have been guaranteed first line minutes after his freshman year and wherever he wanted on the PP.

Literally slaughtered the NCAA as a freshman and won the national championship

But still stayed because he was advised by TJ Oshie who advised Nick Schmaltz the year before that and so on and so on.

Shane pinto
Jake sanderson

Jost was the one who had no business leaving and rushing his development.

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Not sure there was so much more for Jost to find regardless of development time. Being both slow and small/weak has been the kiss of death for many a prospect.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Was always pulling for him, somehow I was able to catch him live 4 times one year in Penticton. Him and Fabrro looked so damn good.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
That's a bit shocking to me, though I admit I haven't kept up on Hurricane camp. What's the deal here?
I did see your other response where you confused two different players. But nothing should surprise anyone about Jost. He just needs to sign in Europe at this point. Too soft for 3rd line, not enough skill for top 2 lines.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
His linemate Boeser would have been guaranteed first line minutes after his freshman year and wherever he wanted on the PP.

Literally slaughtered the NCAA as a freshman and won the national championship

But still stayed because he was advised by TJ Oshie who advised Nick Schmaltz the year before that and so on and so on.

Shane pinto
Jake sanderson

Jost was the one who had no business leaving and rushing his development.

So, a couple of guys, and no one from a team that was as horrible as the 2016-17 Avs. And if TJ Oshie tells you to stay in school, and Joe Sakic really wants you to join his hockey team, I can still understand making the "wrong" choice and going with Super Joe.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
So, a couple of guys, and no one from a team that was as horrible as the 2016-17 Avs. And if TJ Oshie tells you to stay in school, and Joe Sakic really wants you to join his hockey team, I can still understand making the "wrong" choice and going with Super Joe.

Sakic talked indirectly about “learning” about the development of Makar and the benefit of having a consistent presence in coaching for back to back years in University from Greg Carvel, otherwise the prospect could have 5 coaches in 3 years telling that prospect to play a certain way if they are one and done considering WJC and AHL. That's a lot of cooks in the kitchen.

Worked out pretty damn good wouldn’t you say??

GM’s can admit their mistakes, and Sakic knew he made one

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad