GDT: [GM75] Canucks @ Golden Knights | Tue. Apr 2nd, 7:00pm | SNP | On the Road Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I don’t think this is an exaggeration to say this is probably been the worst defensive game of the season, and I count the 10 goal game.

The amount of odd man rushes were giving up this game is ridiculous, it’s like I just travelled back in time.

Travis Green hockey baby!

TravisGreen-web.jpg

Reactions: LordBacon

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
He has to do 1 of 2 things…take away the pass or take away the shooter, he did neither. There were obviously breakdowns before that to get to that point but Myers played a role in the goal against.

Its hockey 101, the priority on a 2-on-1 is always the pass across, you don't want to have your goalie have to move all the way across.

2nd priority is to not give a clear lane to the shooter so its becomes a breakaway, where the shooter can make a dangle on your goalie.

Of course sometimes the puck carrier will make a great pass/play and you just give credit to the other team.

But Myers clearly lay down way too early and give Kolesar - a 4th line goon way too much time to make that pass.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Pods gets cross checked and slashed twice before he returns one on the shin pads and they are both off

Reactions: PavelBure10

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
It's obviously not entirely Myers fault but he consistently fails to cover either the pass or the shot on 2 on 1s. It's a pattern.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
I'm just prepared for genuinely enraging reffing in the playoffs that sinks this team in controversial fashion.

You know it's coming.

Reactions: PavelBure10

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
EP has been "slumping" all season, apart from a few flashes.

People wouldn't doubt him if he put up when it mattered.
Wow, so he's slumping his way to like 90 points?

Imagine when he has a good year. What do you think, 150 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad