GDT: [GM73] Canucks vs Stars | Thur. Mar 28th, 7:00pm | SNP | Big Game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
What? No he wasn’t.
1711680490663.png

cc

Feb 28, 2002
If this is the kind of officiating the Canucks are going to receive in the playoffs, they're doomed

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I can't stand complaining about crap calls, but it's like you can't watch games without it happening over and over again across the league. By the way, you don't get to elevate your shoulder and have that as "standard height"

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Yeah but…Robertson was standing as straight as possible. Excellent posture on him.

Oh I agree, what I mean though is that there’s not way the spirit of the rule is meant to imply a high stick is from shoulder high in a complete upright position.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
One thing I hate about the challenge system in the NHL is the team gets a penalty for it. Canucks had every right to challenge that play but get penalized for it. A loss of their challenge is fine.
Should be like the NBA. You lose your timeout.

And if you get it right, you get to keep it and can challenge again later in the game.

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
Refs making a bad call is what it is, I thought it was a borderline high stick, refs will usually side with caution and f*** us over so we shouldn't be surprised.

I'm more choked about Cole absolutely slamming the puck to try and rim it out during the PK and failing anyways, eventually leading to the goal. That puck has to leave the zone with how much time he had to blast it or make a play and he just whiffed. The more I watch Cole play the more I want Juulsen back.

Reactions: TruKnyte

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Meh. I should just be pleased with the huge turn around this year instead of expecting the Canucks to perform well against teams that have played together well for years. Add in the shit reffing that shows up against this team at times, I should really adjust my expectations

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I can't stand complaining about crap calls, but it's like you can't watch games without it happening over and over again across the league. By the way, you don't get to elevate your shoulder and have that as "standard height"

Watching other teams really emphasises how bad the reffing has gotten. Last year, I watched most of the Leafs run through Tampa and Florida. It was almost comical how bad some of the games were. Definitely broke the idea the refs favor the Leafs.

They don't favor anyone. They're just bad. :laugh:

Reactions: quat

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Refs making a bad call is what it is, I thought it was a borderline high stick, refs will usually side with caution and f*** us over so we shouldn't be surprised.

I'm more choked about Cole absolutely slamming the puck to try and rim it out during the PK and failing anyways, eventually leading to the goal. That puck has to leave the zone with how much time he had to blast it or make a play and he just whiffed. The more I watch Cole play the more I want Juulsen back.

Agreed on Juulsen in over Cole

Reactions: Misko

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Only reason they didn't wave the goal off was because they didn't want to embarrass the linesman who was right there and missed it. His stick was right near peteys head for f***s sake.
Pettersson was crouched down. Still, it was the wrong call, but I agree you're probably correct about the linesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad