GDT: [GM67] Canucks vs Avalanche | Wed. Mar 13th, 7:30pm | SNP | M2B Has Moderated This GDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Good news!

In my head it sounds like...
futurama-good-news-everyone.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's almost impossible to over-state how important this 'lull' in the Canucks schedule will be as we close in on the playoffs.

It might not show up tonight, because for some reason when the Canucks are coming out of a break in their schedule, they can lose the edge in their game. But 'bigger picture' the opportunity for rest and recovery is far more important than even wins and losses at this point.

The only chance of the Canucks going on a long playoff run is if they have all hands on deck, healthy and rested.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
MacKinnon is on the same level as McDavid right now, except the Avs have a way more complete team that McDavids Oilers. Going to have to have everyone playing at their best to get the W.
I disagree they are on the same level. I feel that McDavid is a clear step above but has a far far inferior team. Colorado is far more well rounded, as you say, but McDavid is f***ing insane an incomparable

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
where would you rank the goalies in terms of playoff matchup edge.

1.Connor heyllybeck​

2.jake oettinger

3.demko
4.skinner/pickard/campbell if he returns.
5.avs:Alexandar Georgiev/ justus annunen. franzous injured"

Av's obviously rolling through Cowtown last night...Not really that much of a commute after the game.

Hopefully the Canucks can dictate, and set the pace right off the bat..They did it against Vegas and the Jets...The last two have been some of the best/complete Canuck hockey we've seen this season.

Rooting for either Podz/Mikheyev to bag one tonight.
mikheyev is due for 1-2 so many good chances the last couple of games.

Reactions: Indiana

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Eagerly awaiting the pre-game ceremony honoring Bert for this anniversary. I heard that Nazzy and Brad May may have flown in to support his friend. Crow can't be there but has submitted a video that will be played explaining that though Bert that the cheque is in the mail.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
For me, this is the biggest game of the season. It's not only two of the top teams in the West going toe-to-toe, the subplot is Hughes and Makar are also going toe-to-toe. This game may have Norris Trophy implications.

Reactions: Indiana

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I disagree they are on the same level. I feel that McDavid is a clear step above but has a far far inferior team. Colorado is far more well rounded, as you say, but McDavid is f***ing insane an incomparable

McDavid's playoff performances, win or lose, have been insane. But if there's another player out there who can boast being such an impact player in the post-season, to me, it's MacKinnon.

I'd probably still pick McDavid if forced to pick just one for a series. But the gap is pretty close, I think. MacKinnon is a huge X-Factor in the playoffs.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Mackinnon scares me way more than Makar does.

Mackinnon is a psychopath in his conditioning and is constantly attacking on offense.
He doesn’t even allow you to rest when he is on the ice.

Reactions: Sonny A
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad