Post-Game Talk: [GM66] Canucks defeat Stars | 5-2 | Di Giuseppe, Kuzmenko, Beauvillier, Brisebois, & Miller

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
We're going to face their back up and win our fifth in a row. This is the only way

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Driving up from Seattle this afternoon. Staying downtown (Seymour & Robson) but pretty limited on time.

Any recommendations for a sushi or ramen late lunch/early dinner near that area where we’ll be ok in hoodies & pants?

I live in Dallas, so practically anything semi good is going to taste like the best thing I’ve ever ate. thanks in advance.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Driving up from Seattle this afternoon. Staying downtown (Seymour & Robson) but pretty limited on time.

Any recommendations for a sushi or ramen late lunch/early dinner near that area where we’ll be ok in hoodies & pants?

I live in Dallas, so practically anything semi good is going to taste like the best thing I’ve ever ate. thanks in advance.

Jinya Ramen Bar on Robson is really good IMO.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
PP time is not just a reward for how you play 5v5. The game is situational

Boeser has typically been a pretty good PP guy. Better than Beauvillier
Pretty much nailed it. It was jarring when it happened to Kuze who’s clearly an elite PP guy. Beau is decent in front of the net but he’s more of a 2nd unit guy.

Reactions: sting101

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Pretty much nailed it. It was jarring when it happened to Kuze who’s clearly an elite PP guy. Beau is decent in front of the net but he’s more of a 2nd unit guy.
Exactly Kuzmenko and Boeser were in competition for a spot. Kuz activates quicker and better off puck, has better hands in tight, is actually insane on deflections (which im not sure if it will continue but has been the one thing i wasnt expecting) and gets his shot off quicker and with more zip.

So i completely agreed with that argument.

But Boeser vs Beauvillier is a whole different argument. You can see the initial spike is starting to wear off with Beauvillier so giving Brock the spot back makes sense. The statistical data backs it up.

If they put Tyler Myers at net front and it worked extremely well i could care less if Anthony Beauvillier or Brock Boeser were playing better hockey beyond the PP. That's a good coaching decision

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

I second Jinya on Robson as really good, the spicy chicken ramen is my favourite there.

Maruhachi by the vancouver public library is also excellent, and more of a traditional japanese ramen joint (jinya has a more cactus club vibe but surprisingly good noodles)

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

I visited Dallas once to see a NFL game at your new stadium. *VERY* impressed (you can see why it cost so much to build). First thing I noticed at night (hotel me & my friends were staying at was downtown) is that *EVERYTHING* was closed like at dusk (except of course for stuff inside the hotel(s)). Likely because nobody lives downtown but it was so freaking errie walking around with *NOBODY* around. Not even any pan handlers or homeless that I could see. Like I was put in the middle of a Walking Dead episode - minus the zombies of course.:laugh:

Other weird thing was visiting the area where JFK was shot. People were actually taking selfies right in the middle of that road (think Marine Drive in Vancouver to the rest of the hockey board here)! I was surpised nobody got hit by a car. Have to really wonder about people sometimes.:sarcasm:

Saw a hockey game too. Nice stadium. Stars actually were playing the Canucks! Saw a NBA preason game as well on that SAME trip. LOL, the Mavs were playing the Grizzlies!:laugh: (not the Vancouver Grizzlies but when they moved to Memphis).

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
You would think we are cup contenders given the quotes coming out of the Canucks

“Team is buying in” Tocchet

To what? Winning meaningless games under zero pressure? We have been down that road before (on a greater scale) …. Bruce there it is anyone?

Winning meaningless games against alot of teams embracing the tank is useless

What will happen in game 1 next season?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Win?...,lose?....whatever. No matter the results right now, if the Canucks come back with same roster next fall, they'd be a lock for lottery-land again.

And Allvin, Rutherford and above all, Tocchet, know it.

Reactions: Grantham

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thread needs more posts from @M2Beezy. He has vanished since Game 45 and is not justifying any contract extension with his cold streak. He will be signing a PTO for CalgaryPuck at this rate.

Good news is @Vector is living up to his recent contract.
@M2Beezy is a pure cap dump at this point. Need to attach a 1st for any other forums to even consider it.
Ive already signed the papers to become an assistant moderator here on a lucrative 8 year contract, I aint going anywhere tho the posting quantity and quality will continue to spiral downwords. Only a foolish buyout will get rid a me now

:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad