Post-Game Talk: [GM66] Canucks defeat Stars | 5-2 | Di Giuseppe, Kuzmenko, Beauvillier, Brisebois, & Miller

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: March 14th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Di Giuseppe-Miller-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Beauvillier
Joshua-Åman-Garland
Kravtsov-Dries-Podkolzin

TBD

Stars L
ine-Up:

TBD

Reactions: Ginger Papa

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Remember this team met the Stars in a Playoff series back in 2007?

Game 1 was so good with that quadruple OT thriller. And then the rest of the series would see this team get shutout 3 times, yet somehow still emerge victorious in Game 7.

I remember my expectations were so low for Game 7. Turco absolutely owned us. I remember jumping around the place screaming when the Sedins tied it in Game 7. To give context....we had gone 7 periods without scoring, and that was in a playoff series!

Ah the times were we would see playoff hockey. Good times. :(

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
I think something needs to be said about how ridiculously tough our schedules are to start the year. I’ve been adamantly negative of this management group and the prior one (more so of benning and co) but the schedulers more or less destroy our season before it even begins. The final stretch is so easy we will almost certainty have a winning record in our final 16 or so games ( I bet we win over 10).

Reactions: Ginger Papa

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019

Beauvillier cold-streak coming.

In what world has Boeser earned top PP time. Like how in the hell is he still on that unit. Reminds me of early in the year when he got it over Kuz. Seriously... it's not like the game matters and they shouldn't showcase him but he's had a lot of unearned opportunity this year.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I expect an easy win against a team playing back to back on the road to continue the Canucks untimely winning streak

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Boeser is like a smarter but less tools Tanner Pearson. Boeser having better offensive instincts

Which isn’t a bad player to have. Overpaid? Sure and I’m aware that unacceptable for this franchise and it’s current state

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
In what world has Boeser earned top PP time. Like how in the hell is he still on that unit. Reminds me of early in the year when he got it over Kuz. Seriously... it's not like the game matters and they shouldn't showcase him but he's had a lot of unearned opportunity this year.
the unit analytics for boeser on the pp are pretty strong even if the eye test is failing

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As the season winds down, is this 'it' for Boeser and Myers in a Vancouver uniform? Wouldn't be a big shock I guess if both guys are gone in the off-season.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Remember this team met the Stars in a Playoff series back in 2007?

Game 1 was so good with that quadruple OT thriller. And then the rest of the series would see this team get shutout 3 times, yet somehow still emerge victorious in Game 7.

I remember my expectations were so low for Game 7. Turco absolutely owned us. I remember jumping around the place screaming when the Sedins tied it in Game 7. To give context....we had gone 7 periods without scoring, and that was in a playoff series!

Ah the times were we would see playoff hockey. Good times. :(

That goal, the Linden five hole trickle, and the Luo forearm save are all classics.

But wow it was non-stop penalties, they called everything. Powerplays were 10-7 in favour of us, including 5 in the 3rd.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow! Youtube highlights of a Canuck playoff series almost before some the youngest Canuck fans were even born.

But I guess when you've had just three home playoff games at Rogers Arena since 2012--ancient history eases the pain.

Fren

Feb 18, 2023
The only case I can see for putting Boeser on PP1 is trying to pump his trade value so they can move him without giving up much. I don't think there's any GM stupid enough to fall for that, though, so I'd rather have a guy like Kravstov in his place who will at least be able to develop and gain confidence there.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
The only case I can see for putting Boeser on PP1 is trying to pump his trade value so they can move him without giving up much. I don't think there's any GM stupid enough to fall for that, though, so I'd rather have a guy like Kravstov in his place who will at least be able to develop and gain confidence there.
Kravtsov is about 18 games away from the KHL and has done nothing to deserve PP1

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Boeser is like a smarter but less tools Tanner Pearson. Boeser having better offensive instincts

Which isn’t a bad player to have. Overpaid? Sure and I’m aware that unacceptable for this franchise and it’s current state

I've thought about this a few times this year as well. Boeser needs to take some tips from Tanner Pearson & Chris Higgins to stick in the league as a bigger body who can work on the boards and be a capable defensive player.

Reactions: sting101 and Play

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

That goal, the Linden five hole trickle, and the Luo forearm save are all classics.

But wow it was non-stop penalties, they called everything. Powerplays were 10-7 in favour of us, including 5 in the 3rd.

Hard to believe we are getting close to it being 20 years ago. Jesus. The Sedin OT goal and the Canucks taking Game 7 were some good memories.

Wonder if McDonough plays in this one.

Reactions: DFAC and CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad