GDT: [GM46] Canucks vs Maple Leafs | Sat. Jan 20th, 4:00pm | HNIC | Least vs Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Just tuned in and we scored to go up 4-3, gonna assume it's just been a back and forth affair up until this point and not look up the play by play timeline
Now we shit kicked them in the 1st and then didn't show up for the 2nd. Also Demko really fighting it.

Reactions: Indiana and calnuck

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
We need three top 6 wingers.

Kuzmenko, Mikheyev upgraded. Suter to the 4th line to replace Aman.

Reactions: dez

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
We really have to solve this forecheck and puck possession issue. If we can't even handle the leafs top line when they turn up to playoff intensity. What will we do if we play the oilers...

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Myers has played more good games than bad ones this season. Having one of his two mostly good seasons. The other three were horrible.

I still prefer Zadorov. Myers/Cole is closer, but for the most part, I don’t care which guy they use in their trade for a better blueliner. Something does have to happen there tho

I don’t think Myers has played bad in this game anyways. At least, relative to any of the other blueliners.

I do kind of miss Juulsen

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Morgan Reilly entering his Liam O'Brien era.

Lotto line this year just isn't forechecking enough. Pretty clear why the success hasn't been sustainable.

Conor Garland has been more than worth his salary when put in a position to succeed. He's a premium third liner, hard to fully utilize until this year where we have depth.

The team still needs to learn how to stay even after dominant stretches. This game Demko hasn't given us time to recover.
Yeah give Garland a lot of credit but he also only works on that line with Joshua. He's had plenty of opportunity up the lineup.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Myers has played more good games than bad ones this season. Having one of his two mostly good seasons. The other three were horrible.

I still prefer Zadorov. Myers/Cole is closer, but for the most part, I don’t care which guy they use in their trade for a better blueliner. Something does have to happen there tho

I don’t think Myers has played bad in this game anyways. At least, relative to any of the other blueliners.

I do kind of miss Juulsen
For this team to be a contender, they can't have zadorov or Myers. Doesn't matter how f***ing tall they are. They both eventually do something stupid multiple times per game.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
We really have to solve this forecheck and puck possession issue. If we can't even handle the leafs top line when they turn up to playoff intensity. What will we do if we play the oilers...
That line is pretty difficult to contain, but I agree.

Reactions: Indiana

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Conor Garland has been more than worth his salary when put in a position to succeed. He's a premium third liner, hard to fully utilize until this year where we have depth.
He was phenomenal his first year here too and carried the second line for the first half of the season despite getting screwed by Green while doing it. Last year was poor.

He started this year in a huge slump. I strongly wonder how much the trade request and not wanting to be here played into it last year and to start his one.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
For this team to be a contender, they can't have zadorov or Myers. Doesn't matter how f***ing tall they are. They both eventually do something stupid multiple times per game.
Zadorov would be fine in a #6/7 role but the reality is, he's looking for #5/#4 money, and the Canucks should NOT be paying him that.

Myers needs to get catapulted out of Vancouver into Alberta. I'm tired of this player having stretches of decent play only to shit the bed and cost the team goals. I'm terrified that they bring him back for 3 mil or something.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I think you can suffer one. We’ve seen teams win with D like that in their lineup.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Yeah give Garland a lot of credit but he also only works on that line with Joshua. He's had plenty of opportunity up the lineup.
That's why I said he's a premium third liner, he can crush soft matchups. Loses against tougher coverage.

He looks great with Joshua and it's working but we've got a lot of bottom 6 players worth trying if it fizzles.

He was phenomenal his first year here too and carried the second line for the first half of the season despite getting screwed by Green while doing it. Last year was poor.

He started this year in a huge slump. I strongly wonder how much the trade request and not wanting to be here played into it last year and to start his one.
It's mysterious but he's been adamant he's never requested a trade. I'd still bet he's gone in the offseason for the cap and retaining another top 6 player.

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
@mossey3535 do you think demko should have had the first one or is blaming the screen there valid? i think he should have had it

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
That's why I said he's a premium third liner, he can crush soft matchups. Loses against tougher coverage.

He looks great with Joshua and it's working but we've got a lot of bottom 6 players worth trying if it fizzles.

It's mysterious but he's been adamant he's never requested a trade. I'd still bet he's gone in the offseason for the cap and retaining another top 6 player.
I was originally in favour of keeping Mikheyev among our glut of $5M wingers but now I would keep Garland over him if we can retain Joshua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad