Post-Game Talk: [GM20] Canucks lose to Avalanche | 2-5 (Hoglander & Miller) | Ref Show

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Ian Cole shouldn't be your 3rd best D if you're trying to win, especially at his age.

Not his fault, but that's failure on management if they're actually trying to win. Still not sure if they are or not lol
Soucy is easily the "3rd best D" over Cole. But yeah, even Soucy shouldn't be your third best D. They clearly need at least one more bonafide two way top 4 guy. Problem is, many teams in the league have the same issue the Canucks have. The more teams they add, the harder it will be to have four actual top 4 guys in your top 4.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I'm not complaining about the Garland penalty. Pushes to the lower back when guys are skating into the corner are dangerous, even if it wasn't much of a push.

Makar was better than Hughes that period. Looked like Hughes bought into the hype a bit and tried to do a bit too much a couple of times.

Need some Petey magic asap.

Don't feel we are being out matched at all. Also don't feel we played our best. Games up for grabs imo.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Ian Cole shouldn't be your 3rd best D if you're trying to win, especially at his age.

Not his fault, but that's failure on management if they're actually trying to win. Still not sure if they are or not lol
Management has to sell off some futures/young prospects if they want to improve the D.

It's a tough pill to swallow, because that's something that Benning would do.

Main difference being that most of our team is having what might be their peak season so if there's a time to take a gamble, this season might be it, vs Benning selling off futures to desperately try to make the playoffs.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

I have been thinking for a bit now that they shouldn't overly prioritize an RD.

Having stability behind Hughes is equally important in a way to me. If you're making a premium acquisition of that type, they are likely not going to play next to Hughes anyways.

Can always shift Cole to the right with Soucy on a bottom pairing and then go hard for a second pair LHD who you know can play a hard minutes matchup role.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Management has to sell off some futures/young prospects if they want to improve the D.

It's a tough pill to swallow, because that's something that Benning would do.

Main difference being that most of our team is having what might be their peak season so if there's a time to take a gamble, this season might be it.
There's nothing wrong with "selling off futures" to improve now. The idea behind it isn't incompetent or wrong. It can be a positive for your organization.

The thing with Benning is: He was a terrible talent evaluator. When he tried to "improve now", he brought in mostly "meh" at best players, building them up as top guys all while bleeding assets for them at the same time. A competent GM would have legitimately improved the team.

Reactions: MS

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don't gamble but I wouldn't bet on the road team in altitude with some questionable officiating

And down 2-1 with a d core that's looked suspect the last bit

Reactions: quat

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Rough period for Cole. Concern is that his play will fall off from getting overused at age 34. Should be getting load managed.

Overall though a good road period against a good team, unlucky to be down.

Tough to load manage with Soucy out. We really need to bring in another top 4D.

Reactions: Ozone

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Honestly, the Avs aren't a unlikable team. But their fans are so insufferable fragile I don't like them.
Their announcers have to be amongst the worst in the league. It's like there's just one team playing and they whine more than I do. They're terrible.

Reactions: WTG

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Need to put the lines in a blender here

PDG-Pettersson-Hoglander
Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser
Beauvllier-Blueger-Kuzmenko
Joshua-Lafferty-Garland

I’d run that personally
I would like to see Hog and PDG trade
Places. And put Beau with Pettersson and Kiz. I think Mikheyev Blueger Garland might be a great line and PDG lafferty Joshua is something I would like to see

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I have been thinking for a bit now that they shouldn't overly prioritize an RD.

Having stability behind Hughes is equally important in a way to me. If you're making a premium acquisition of that type, they are likely not going to play next to Hughes anyways.

Can always shift Cole to the right with Soucy on a bottom pairing and then go hard for a second pair LHD who you know can play a hard minutes matchup role.
This has been something that i have been thinking about a lot. I know the coaches like having Right handed Dmen on the right side, but we have two Dmen that can play the right side and LHD are more abundant and cost effective. Plus if we trade for a solid number 3 LHD we can go after Tanev this summer and have a solid top for with Soucey and Bear as the last two in the top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad