Pre-Game Talk: GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Pittsburgh Penguins | Sat. Oct 26th | 7pm PST | HNIC | Kevin Corsby

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Pens look really bad, wont look good if they beat us on a back to back and they play this poorly the night before. Better get the win.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
At no point in his career has EP ever been as good as any of JT's best 3-4 seasons as a Canuck. Even JT's first year when he had 72 points in 69 games, that was one of the most dominant seasons by Canuck I'd ever seen. He had nobody to play with really (everyone else sucked that year including Pettersson) and could win games single-handedly. Even when Pettersson had 102 points he did not have that kind of impact on the ice. And when Pettersson is at his worst (and this year is definitely NOT the worst that he has played), he is an active detriment to his team especially on the PP.

It's not just a matter of effort either, it's a matter of talent. JT is simply a superior playmaker, for example, and that has borne itself out over time.
JT is better at running a power play and is more physical.

EP at his best is better st everything else.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks better be on guard tomorrow night. When a team lays an egg like the Pens did tonight, one of two things will happen.

Either they'll come out the next game like they're shot out of a canon; or things will go from bad to worse. Canucks need to jump on this fragile team early.

Coffee

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
Canucks better be on guard tomorrow night. When a team lays an egg like the Pens did tonight, one of two things will happen.

Either they'll come out the next game like they're shot out of a canon; or things will go from bad to worse. Canucks need to jump on this fragile team early.
I thought Mike Sullivan sucks though ?

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
i mean, the blackhawks could also lose the first of a b2b 4-0 and then lose the next game too. a team can be as motivated as they want and still be bad because that's just what they are.

plus i'm pretty sure the oilers have smoked the penguins in each of their meetings spanning ~4-5 years. they always play up the mcdavid crosby matchup and it's just not close anymore.

Reactions: Vector

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Pens are terrible

This is the ultimate trap game
Ya they didn't play great last night.
Allowing 50 shots on goal isn't going to win many games and tonight they are playing in a scheduled Canuck win.
I don't think there should be too much made of a victory or even if EP gets a few points they are not good so far.
But their PP might make a difference.

Should be an easy night for the Canucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad