Pre-Game Talk: GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Pittsburgh Penguins | Sat. Oct 26th | 7pm PST | HNIC | Kevin Corsby

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I mean - I think a part of these practice skirmishes that slides under the radar more often than not is that these guys aren’t just silently pushing/shoving/punching each other. I’d wager there’s almost always some harsh words being exchanged.
You see this all the time in Basketball, American Football and European football. Actually, the players straight up despise each other on some club teams in England but they still go out there and perform.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I mean Miller is kind of right.

When you have guys like Miller, Hoglander, Garland, Suter, Blueger, Sherwood, Heinen, Joshua, etc who go balls to the wall every night and fight through things and battle hard... it must be frustrating for them seeing EP not engaged and making far more than all of them.

I think players learn pretty quickly that salary comparisons are apples to oranges in most cases.

miller has been the laziest player on the team for long stretches. he isn't in any kind of position to be calling others out

No doubt. Miller has been the epitome of lazy and disinterested and bailing out on his teammates during his tenure here. Talk about short memories on some. Look no closer than the line change that lost us that OT game against Calgary several years ago. Can anyone give up on his team more than that? Pathetic, if I was Petey I'd still hold that against him. Haha. Calling the kettle black.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The decision to dress Forbort over Brannstrom, when the latter is not only a better player but also makes Desharnais more dependable, makes absolutely zero sense to me. Seems like a pure "veteran vs young player" decision not actually based on merit.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
No indication yet if Forbort has returned to the team. We know his father's funeral was yesterday so I don't think he's actually going to be ready to play until Monday.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
The decision to dress Forbort over Brannstrom, when the latter is not only a better player but also makes Desharnais more dependable, makes absolutely zero sense to me. Seems like a pure "veteran vs young player" decision not actually based on merit.

Well it does make sense to give your veteran a chance now that the team is playing better and he's back from personal leave. At some point you want to get him integrated and contributing at a helpful level as compared to just burying him to the press box or waivers 3 games into his season.

It's probably better this way with Brannstrom being able to be sent to down freely. It's something that needs to be figured out. The sooner the better. Brannstrom has played fairly well but not lights out or anything. Let's see where it goes. A little too early to have turned the page already.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
“The last podcast, we talked about him being on social media too much. Well, someone called me and said you didn’t go far enough.

Crazy. Ive talked about that being a concern for years and was attacked. Seems like I was correct.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I think players learn pretty quickly that salary comparisons are apples to oranges in most cases.

No doubt. Miller has been the epitome of lazy and disinterested and bailing out on his teammates during his tenure here. Talk about short memories on some. Look no closer than the line change that lost us that OT game against Calgary several years ago. Can anyone give up on his team more than that? Pathetic, if I was Petey I'd still hold that against him. Haha. Calling the kettle black.
Several years ago doesn't concern me...

Sprong needs to be back in for Bains. Give the guy a chance... he was fine the last game he played.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Several years ago doesn't concern me...

Sprong needs to be back in for Bains. Give the guy a chance... he was fine the last game he played.
what's the deal with sprong?---he put up nice numbers the past 2 seasons and scored a goal on opening night. does tocchet hate him?

his reduced and lack of usage befuddles me---hoping you guys on the scene can shed some light?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad