Pre-Game Talk: GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Pittsburgh Penguins | Sat. Oct 26th | 7pm PST | HNIC | Kevin Corsby

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
What was his salary and what were the expectations for him? Was he the highest paid player on the team?
What does that have to do with what I said? There’s a reason Miller wasn’t the highest-scoring player at 25—he had only 47 points in 72 games with the Lightning. If the Canucks had drafted Miller, you would have wanted him traded and disliked him before he made his big jump. It’s just funny how, at 31, people forget what it took for Miller to become what he is. Pettersson has tracked better than JT if you want to go year by year.

Also early 20's miller was a head case he even said so himself. Players develop and mature differently - just wild to write off Petey since he's more often then not shown in his NHL career to be a star player.

And yes he's been bad for a while and if that continues we are obviously f***ed

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
What does that have to do with what I said? There’s a reason Miller wasn’t the highest-scoring player at 25—he had only 47 points in 72 games with the Lightning. If the Canucks had drafted Miller, you would have wanted him traded and disliked him before he made his big jump. It’s just funny how, at 31, people forget what it took for Miller to become what he is. Pettersson has tracked better than JT if you want to go year by year.

Also early 20's miller was a head case he even said so himself. Players develop and mature differently - just wild to write off Petey since he's more often then not shown in his NHL career to be a star player.

And yes he's been bad for a while and if that continues we are obviously f***ed

I wouldn't want any player traded that was earning his salary. As 25 Miller scored 47 points? What was his salary? Was it 5.5M? Thats a normal output for that salary. A little underwhleming.

EP is 11.6 M and is on pace for like 40 points dude. The convo youre trying to have doesnt make sense.

The player and management blew it and we are stuck for the time being w this boat anchor contract. Hopefully he can become a 110 point player

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
I wouldn't want any player traded that was earning his salary. As 25 Miller scored 47 points? What was his salary? Was it 5.5M? Thats a normal output for that salary. A little underwhleming.

EP is 11.6 M and is on pace for like 40 points dude. The convo youre trying to have doesnt make sense
You were talking about who’s the superior player not expectations vs AAV. You just moved the goal post. I don’t believe Petey ends up with 40 points lol

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
You were talking about who’s the superior player not expectations vs AAV. You just moved the goal post. I don’t believe Petey ends up with 40 points lol

Go the thread when EP40 signed. I said he is a fine player but isnt worth the money. Ive stated dozens of times at 7-8M it doesnt bother me.

But sulking, scoring zero ESG goals in almost half a year, being found face down on the ice for 11.6M is a nightmare.

11.6 M is a player who drives play in every facet. Scoring, hitting, PP and PK. Thats a legit superstar salary. For the entire year of 2024 he has done none of the aforementioned.

Also, it's not my responsibility to add foot notes and links for you to see my posts to reference my position.

Reactions: luiginb

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I am the only one that respects the original colour scheme and doesn't get affected by nostalgia. Plus, orcas are cool and emblematic of the pacific northwest.

Myself I don't care about jersey's much in comparison to how well we play as a team. I love the skate, it's unique as can be, and the jersey's look totally sic. I also grew up wearing the black, red, and yellow V as a kid. I wore that long sleeve t-shirt everywhere, everyday. I'm not too overly concerned with branding or who else becomes a Canucks fan or doesn't because of it. Really could 't care less if they make money off of it or not either. No problem with the Orca though, it's cool and representative, and I like them rotating ... I can usually spot them no matter which jersey they're wearing though. ;)

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Go the thread when EP40 signed. I said he is a fine player but isnt worth the money. Ive stated dozens of times at 7-8M it doesnt bother me.

But sulking, scoring zero ESG goals in almost half a year, being found face down on the ice for 11.6M is a nightmare.

Also, it's not my responsibility to add foot notes and links for you to see my posts to reference my position.
What? I was literally replying to your post in this thread about JT and Him. You've made this about a different topic lol. What ever man

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
Soucy-Myers
Brännström-Desharnais
Hronek-Juulsen
what.gif

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
EP needs to just shoot the puck. The guy has shown that he can score from anywhere with his wrist shot. It seems to have completely disappeared from his arsenal.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I actually thought EP showed really well the last game. Obviously not fully "back" yet but that was a genuinely good game - even by his old standards.

And he had a Petey moment with those defensive plays prior to the cross crease pass to the Hoglander tap in against Philly.

I don't think the soft approach is what I'd go with, and I don't really have any issue with Miller doing what he's doing. EP looked fantastic in the playoffs in that bubble year, but looked horrific and small last playoffs. He has to mentally get strong again - he lost that dawg in em where he would bounce off of checks, create high quality shit on rush chances, and then also attack with confidence on the PP. I think it's valid to hit a breaking point, even if the timing is a bit odd given the two consecutive good games here.

Last edited:
Reactions: bh53 and MS

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Petey for Jack + Luke + 1st + 2nd

Petey wouldn't even get Jack straight up, let alone Jack and Luke.

Smart cap move to increase our accrual for a few days, but it scares me what they’re going to do with both Forbort and Desharnais healthy. Those two should basically never be in the lineup at the same time.

This is bad news unless he's coming right back up again. Forbort is no better than Brannstrom defensively, and Desharnais plays like absolute shit with him.

Reactions: luiginb

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
This is bad news. They should have sent Forbort down and kept Brannstrom up. Forbort is no better than Brannstrom defensively, and Desharnais plays like absolute shit with him.

They'll most likely call Brannstrom up. He didn't require waivers as after already being waived (it's 10 games or 30 days on the NHL roster before requiring waivers again).

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I've liked Petey the last couple of games as well, he's holding onto the puck and actually skating with it and moving around without the puck. It was cool to see him dangle through some players as well, I think Petey's going to be fine. I hope Tocchet gives him some leash with Garland because I think they could gel as they get more reps together. This market has weirdly dismissed Garland as a top 6 player and thinks that only 1 player per line should be a puck handler, yet we've seen opponents that have top lines with multiple players who like carrying the puck and they seem just fine. They just need to be given enough time to get used to each other.

I'd still like to see Petey more aggressive on the powerplay. Like even a gifted playmaker like Kucherov is always ready to blast a one-timer when any of his teammates have the puck, then once the pass is delivered he decides if he's gonna fire a one timer or fake a one timer and make a cross ice pass. It's so simple yet effective and much better than just holding onto the puck. I feel like Petey looks surprised by passes he receives on the powerplay sometimes when he could've easily have shot a dangerous one timer.

That's one area where Boeser has really improved, he's always ready to shoot.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
They’re going to go straight back to a Forbort-Desharnais pairing which was always going to happen.
I do think they’ll surprise us and Brannstrom comes right back up to play Saturday. But one bad game or one loss and they’ll do what you said.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
They’re going to go straight back to a Forbort-Desharnais pairing which was always going to happen.

Why do you insist on speaking evil into the world?

Also, I think they played Forbort-Juulsen more than Forbort-Desharnais.

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011

11.6 M is a player who drives play in every facet. Scoring, hitting, PP and PK. Thats a legit superstar salary. For the entire year of 2024 he has done none of the aforementioned.

Tavares got 11mill back in 2018, his career high season is 88 points. Nylander got Petterssons contract at the same time despite being a winger, older & worse pts/game

Enough with this boring narrative that 11.6 means he has to move heaven and earth every shift to be worth the salary. He needs to score 90-110 points per season and be solid defensively to be worth this contract, that's it.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
I doubt it. I think we’ve seen Brannstrom’s last game for awhile unless someone gets hurt.

I hope that’s not the case, but I get the logic given the off season moves. It should become pretty apparent after they play 2-3 games together that this isn’t going to work at even strength, especially with Soucy-Myers struggling with the same thing (in much higher leverage minutes).

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
What? I was literally replying to your post in this thread about JT and Him. You've made this about a different topic lol. What ever man
The fact that I have no idea what ppl are talking about because of my blacklist, it actually means that I did myself a service a while back

• Haha
Reactions: Bgav

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad