Pre-Game Talk: GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Pittsburgh Penguins | Sat. Oct 26th | 7pm PST | HNIC | Kevin Corsby

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
I am the only one that respects the original colour scheme and doesn't get affected by nostalgia. Plus, orcas are cool and emblematic of the pacific northwest.

The spaghetti jersey is just so unique and nostalgic to the early 90's teams. When I look at it I think about Bure flying down the wing.

Orcas are cool and all but the team is not named the Vancouver Orcas. Or Vancouver Killer Whales, which I would prefer.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The spaghetti jersey is just so unique and nostalgic to the early 90's teams. When I look at it I think about Bure flying down the wing.

Orcas are cool and all but the team is not named the Vancouver Orcas. Or Vancouver Killer Whales, which I would prefer.

They also aren’t the Vancouver Skates.

I am not affected by nostalgia. I don’t yearn for it. I thought the skate logo was ugly as hell as a kid and all it looks like to me is a bland idea drawn poorly with funny Halloween colors. It does nothing to represent the city or province. It reminds you of a bygone time and should be used on special theme nights.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Heinen-Blueger-Sherwood

By season's end is this gotta be the 4th line not 3rd
We don't really have the depth for something like that to happen, IMO. At least one of those guys are likely to remain on the 3rd line even in a best case scenario.

I'm guessing your hope is that Joshua and Suter push them down, but who would be the third guy?

Could maybe see something like this, though, I suppose:

DeBrusk - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Pettersson - Garland
Joshua - Suter - Heinen
Aman/Sprong - Blueger - Sherwood

Personally, I've never really bought the narrative that Suter is a better 3C than Blueger.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Heinen-Blueger-Sherwood

By season's end is this gotta be the 4th line not 3rd

We don't really have the depth for something like that to happen, IMO. At least one of those guys are likely to remain on the 3rd line even in a best case scenario.

I'm guessing your hope is that Joshua and Suter push them down, but who would be the third guy?

Could maybe see something like this, though, I suppose:

Hoglander - Pettersson - Garland
Joshua - Suter - Heinen
Aman/Sprong - Blueger - Sherwood

Personally, I've never really bought the narrative that Suter is a better 3C than Blueger.

If they can make it work, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in another centre given Suter hasn't actually played centre that much. Then you can mix and match how the bottom-6 works. Right now a combination of Joshua/Suter/Blueger/Heinen/Sherwood is very strong but another centre could give them two very effective lines.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Hopefully we can take advantage of their goaltending issues. Which of course means Joel Blomqvist probably gets his first career shutout

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If they can make it work, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in another centre given Suter hasn't actually played centre that much. Then you can mix and match how the bottom-6 works. Right now a combination of Joshua/Suter/Blueger/Heinen/Sherwood is very strong but another centre could give them two very effective lines.
Sounds like a luxury to me considering how much more uncertain I am of the defense.

Personally, I'd aim for something like this now. Pretty happy with that forward group.

Joshua - Pettersson - Garland
Heinen - Blueger - Sherwood
Aman - Suter - Hoglander

and maybe do something like

Hughes - Hronek
Soucey - XX
Brannstrom - Myers

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Sounds like a luxury to me considering how much more uncertain I am of the defense.

Personally, I'd aim for something like this. Pretty happy with that forward group.

Joshua - Pettersson - Garland
Heinen - Blueger - Sherwood
Aman - Suter - Hoglander

and maybe do something like

Hughes - Hronek
Soucey - XX
Brannstrom - Myers

Yeah, the idea would the defence comes first. If you are comfortable with that then see if you can get one more bottom-6 centre.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

DeBrusk-JT_Boeser
Hog-EP-Dinklage
Joshua-Suter-XXX
Heinen-Blueger-Sherwood
Aman
Sprong

I don't care if you ca;; the 3rd line the 4th or vice-versa. Potato/Tomato.

Trade for someone who fan fill in the XXX spot or play Sprong/PDG/Bains/Raty there for now till the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad