GDT: GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Pittsburgh Penguins | Sat. Oct 26th | 7pm PST | HNIC | Kevin Corsby

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Pettersson stats (regular season and playoffs) since February 1st, 2024: 52GP-8G-26A-34P.

That's a PPG of 0.65 or 53 points over an 82 game season.

Is 52 games too small of a sample size?

It's spread over 9 months too, so any injury excuses can be put to bed. (He's missed exactly 0 games during this time period).

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Another reason I don't buy the injury thing with Pettersson is that there are several things going on with him at the same time. He's not shooting pucks and then you've also got the declining speed and bursts. So what is it? The knee? The wrist? You know what I'm saying? To me it looks like a hockey player and a person that is just a shell of himself. It's that simple.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Pettersson stats (regular season and playoffs) since February 1st, 2024: 52GP-8G-26A-34P.

That's a PPG of 0.65 or 53 points over an 82 game season.

Is 52 games too small of a sample size?

It's spread over 9 months too, so any injury excuses can be put to bed. (He's missed exactly 0 games during this time period).

It's officially time to be concerned. The stats don't lie. This has gone on for a long, long time.

He's playing at about half his current contract value.

Another reason I don't buy the injury thing with Pettersson is that there are several things going on with him at the same time. He's not shooting pucks and then you've also got the declining speed and bursts. So what is it? The knee? The wrist? You know what I'm saying? To me it looks like a hockey player and a person that is just a shell of himself. It's that simple.

I just don't think he wants to be here. Simple as that.

Reactions: Jay26

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Then why sign the contract?
The really simple answer is that he did not want to be in Carolina.

I don’t want to partake in this convo - just
pointing out that VAN management smartly turned it into an either or instead of letting it get to the summer where he could basically pick his destination like M Tkachuk did

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Then why sign the contract?

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Nuckles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad