Pre-Game Talk: GM05 | Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | Sat. Oct 19th | 4pm PST | SNP | Back in the Saddle

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
I'd definitely start Lankinen again but the way some people have turned on Silovs is crazy.

I really hope Myers' knee gets better quickly because it's clearly affecting his mobility right now.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
would love to see them try the following:

pettersson - miller - boeser
hoglander - blueger - garland
debrusk - suter - heinen
bains - aman - sherwood

hughes - desharnais
soucy - hronek
brannstrom - myers

lankinen
silovs

get petey going. reduce hronek's minutes, see what hughes can do with a different partner. blueger and garland are absolutely playing at a second line level right now, reward them with more minutes - switch out hog and debrusk as needed.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I'd definitely start Lankinen again but the way some people have turned on Silovs is crazy.

Both are more than capable goalies, like the consistent rotation between the two, keeps them fresher and less likely to get injured, kind of like pitcher rotation in baseball.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

I really hope Myers' knee gets better quickly because it's clearly affecting his mobility right now.

Saying the kid just isn't ready for a full time stint isn't "turning on him." It's acknowledging exactly that: he just isn't ready yet.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

Silovs had a ton of trouble against Edmonton, after playing amazing against Nashville.

Bouchard and Ekholm had him completely figured out.

would love to see them try the following:

pettersson - miller - boeser
hoglander - blueger - garland
debrusk - suter - heinen
bains - aman - sherwood

hughes - desharnais
soucy - hronek
brannstrom - myers

lankinen
silovs

get petey going. reduce hronek's minutes, see what hughes can do with a different partner. blueger and garland are absolutely playing at a second line level right now, reward them with more minutes - switch out hog and debrusk as needed.

Agreed, Hoglander and Garland both need top 6 minutes as they are hustling every shift.

Get Bains and Heinen into the bottom 6 where they belong. DeBrusk makes way too much to play down there for the whole season, but putting him with Suter-Heinen gives us a solid scoring 3rd line.

Once Joshua is back, reunite the Thirst Line.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Saying the kid just isn't ready for a full time stint isn't "turning on him." It's acknowledging exactly that: he just isn't ready yet.

I think a lot of us (myself included) got way ahead of ourselves on a guy with 9 sub-.900 career games and a fairly pedestrian AHL record when he had a couple very good playoff games.

Thank f*** they signed Lankinen or this season would be looking in very big trouble right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad