GDT: GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers | Thurs. Oct 17th | 4pm PST | SNP | I Am Not Entertained

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
SopelFanThe3rd - LemonSauceD- AlainVigneaultsGum
I don't think that line has any interest in back-end defense. They would be taking shots from all angles...well after the game is over I suspect. As long as they are putting in a solid effort and committing to FULL 60 more power to them. Try to get lots of recovery time between shifts...games etc.

Well. Do your best boys.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Alain passes it to me, i makes a great deke and pass it to Sopel for the open net. Sopel fans on the shot and falls down and crashes into the net like a doofus. Fans laugh at him and chant “Sopel is dust! Sopel is dust!”.

Sopel is sent down after the game but I see him in practice the next morning cuz he still thinks he’s on the team. Hes begging the coaches and apologizing to the players for being a bum, crying around wailing like a baby. Everybody yells at Sopel to get the f*** off the ice right now you absolute bum.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I don't think that line has any interest in back-end defense. They would be taking shots from all angles...well after the game is over I suspect. As long as they are putting in a solid effort and committing to FULL 60 more power to them. Try to get lots of recovery time between shifts...games etc.

Well. Do your best boys.
IMG_3980.jpeg

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
We need to fix that PP1 somehow. It hasn't been dominant since like February, coincidentally right around when Petey started becoming ineffective.

JTM randomly giving the puck away also doesn't help. But they have got to do something, a poor PP zaps energy from the team and special teams are huge factor in team success nowadays.

The PP looked really good in the first against Calgary with everyone moving, and then it just went right back to the same old stagnant last 40 games PP

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Pretty sad state of affairs when Hronek has more hits than the rest of the defense COMBINED. It just shows, players aren't willing to sacrifice their bodies right now this early in the season to win games. I think they have the Oilers mentality from last season to start slow and pace themselves, stay healthy and hope to catch fire in the second half.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
A secondary issue on the pp is that my namesake exhibits borderline-moronic puck management when given time to think. Cute, low percentage passes have to stop.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
A secondary issue on the pp is that my namesake exhibits borderline-moronic puck management when given time to think. Cute, low percentage passes have to stop.

Miller’s timing has seemed a bit off in a lot of situations which makes sense given he missed the bulk of camp.

I think a lot of our forwards are trying to find chemistry with each other at this stage. Hopefully they get there pretty quick.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Almost winning games with the 6th worst PDO in the league. Edmonton was getting blown out at this PDO level

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The Brannstrom era begins.

Hope Forbort is ok. They usually word it differently than "left the team".

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Good:
LordBacon - He may be 5'5 but he posts with incredible heart.

Ugly:
You give credit to AlainVigneaultsGum for giving it a go with two anchors but this line was a major problem last game. At this point, it's probably best to waive SopelFanThe3rd, put LemonSauceD on wing and maybe see if you can call anyone up from r/Canucks.

Last edited:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Tocchet's got a blind spot with Juulsen and I wish management would take his toy away from him. He's at best, the 8th defenseman on the depth chart in Vancouver, and could be as low as 10.

I maintain that if Tocchet had dressed Friedman instead of Juulsen when Soucy was suspended vs Edmonton, the Canucks would have won that series.

Agreed. He’s not even number 10 on the current depth chart, an ECHLer at best with his lack of awareness and decision making.

7. Brannstrom
8. Friedman
9. Hirose
10. Brisebois
11. Willander
12. Pettersson
13. Juulsen

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
With Forbort out, Brannstrom will likely play the left side, but there was an interesting report he grew up playing, and prefers to play, on the right side.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Guessing the top four remains intact - bottom pair will be either Brannstrom/Juulsen or Brannstrom/Desharnais.

Also guessing Lankinen goes in net for this one.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Juulsen should never play another game for this team if they can help it. Friedman is a much better option.

Juulsen is good for at least one goal against per game, typically by going out of position to make a poorly timed hit or by randomly falling down.

Tom Willander can't make the jump soon enough. He is desperately needed.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

Hope everything’s ok, made some nice plays, liked the pass he made on that tap in goal, was anchored by Juulsen.

VD only got 1 game and got the short end of the stick, needs to be put back in. Should’ve just left him in to begin with if they were going to put in Juulsen as his replacement lol.

VD & Forbort will both come in very handy during playoff time when the physicality & intensity get cranked up 10 fold, as for now a puck moving defenceman like Brannstrom or Friedman in the bottom rotation will be helpful.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Juulsen should never play another game for this team if they can help it. Friedman is a much better option.

Juulsen is good for at least one goal against per game, typically by going out of position to make a poorly timed hit or by randomly falling down.

Tom Willander can't make the jump soon enough. He is desperately needed.

Tocchet and co seem to like Juulsen for their toughness and steadiness on defense. I think he's staying until Allvin and co pull the plug.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad