GDT: GM03 | Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning | Tues. Oct 15th | 4pm PST | SNP | Gotta Get It Going

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I would have started lankinen as well and slotted bains somewhere on the bottom six.
I guess they must have seen things they liked in practice that informed their decision

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006

Tyler Myers:
images.jpg

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Feels like this could be a game that goes either way for the Bolts. They might play their hearts out or be too emotionally drained to keep up a good pace for 60 minutes.

I respect the team not panicking and going back to Silovs. The team is going to need him to keep the ship afloat until Demko gets back. Parking him because he had one bad game wouldn't be good for his development. Let him find some confidence.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Me I love Silovs but would put Lanky in net tonight. However as others have said Arty will be here next year and Lanky probably won't...
Tocc is probably playing Arty because he thinks he's better. If he really thought Lank had a better chance of winning, he'd probably be playing him.

If Lank turned out to be far better than Arty, it would make Arty expendable

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
There will invariably be a lean towards Silovs early since he’s the current “goalie of the future” and Lankinen is on a one-year deal.

I am skeptical on Silovs long-term. He’s obviously athletic etc. but his technicals aren’t great, and if he can’t figure out shots from distance he won’t be an NHL goalie.

Lankinen is by most metrics (SV%, GPs etc.) a better goalie right now, though. His technicals have been visibly better thus far.
Im not sure about this. Is Tocchet really choosing a lesser chance of getting points today because "Arty is the future" ?

Lankinen is 29 and has some years left in him. He's not 35

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Don't agree with the goalie decision but I don't really care. Also haven't liked a few of Tocchet's coaching decisions this season after finding his decision making to be pretty flawless last year.

Bains on the top line? Why? Put him on the 3rd line with Garland and Suter or something like that.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I get the goalie decision. Don't want to let the kid sit too long on a sub par performance - give him a chance to get back in the win column. And I think it was Ernie that said, Silovs is in the long term plans, Lankinen is not.

Hope Silovs rewards the gesture with a strong game tonight.

And man, Myers - he's one tough guy, that's for sure.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Man some of you turned on Silovs fast

I say this as a Lankinen fan and a Silovs doubter
Good point. I don't get why people are surprised. Silovs was 3rd in high danger save percentage in the playoffs. Everyone knows what his problem is. He's young, and was inconsistent at lower levels. It was never going to instantly click this year.

Reactions: Nucker101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad