GDT: GM#7: Caps @ Lits - 7:08pm

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Wasn't feeling good about this one today. Still great that we won 5 in a row in this early start to the season.

One thing that gets me in this game, the officiating. I'm just telling it like I see it. At least 3 times I saw a Bolts player get away with interference. Caps PP aint good, but when one team gets penalties where they have to go on the PK, it disrupts their flow/lines in a game.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Caps played a good game regardless of the score.

Observations

Ovi needs to wake up and contribute somehow. He looks slow again.

Lappy needs to get it together.

Vrana is invisible. Time to give Milano another chance.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Observations

Agreed. Milano brings a skill set that Vrana doesn't have. Vrana is a goal scorer and not much else. Regarding OV, he can't play the speed game. He just has to find open spots so he can get his good shot off, while Strome/Protas do creativity/hard work. Today, Caps offense just didn't have it.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Observations

Agree on Vrana. Lappy seemed up and down today. Bolts had a lot of sticks in lanes but also the Caps overpassed a lot. Just shoot and go for rebounds.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
2 shots have beat Vasi, but the posts have been very stubborn today! Just couldn't make the breaks happen today.

Vasy is still a difference maker. Having a guy like him in net gives the team so much freedom to create offensively and not worry too much about the chances given up.
Yup.

I'm expecting to be shutout...

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
Buffet was good, bartenders were good, refs sucked, legroom was the worst I’ve had in a professional arena. Oh well.

At least I had 8 free double whiskey gingers tonight.

Reactions: Calicaps

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Called that shutout about 10 minutes into the game. He looked locked in. That there my friends is the difference between elite goaltending and OK goaltending. We haven't had a game stealer since 70 left. Next.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
PP isn't working. TopLineProtas isn't all super viable. They need more from Mangiapane also but hard to expect a ton when his linemates aren't particularly good at anything.

The Caps are a strong north-south grind it out type team. Pace, lateral explosiveness and creativity remain limited. They've still got to work for their goals and some nights it's more of a challenge than others. On to the next against a quality opponent.

Ad

Ad

Ad