Pre-Game Talk: GM#6 Toronto @ Tampa - SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I have zero confidence in Samsonov being able to shut this down. We invested our cap into our forwards and not D or G, our forwards need to be the difference to win this thing.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
We need to turn up and compete from the first minute until the last

Get in Vasi's line of sight, fight for space in front of the net, get after the Tampa D and make life tough for all there forward lines

If we play to our best I think we win this, playing to our best has been the issue though

Bunting needs to come in and if Holl plays instead of Liljegren Keefe should be fired on the spot because he's obviously a drooling moron

Here's hoping for game 3 Iliya and

GLG

Somebody needs to eat a bunch of cans of beans and then while screening Vasi let one rip as the point shot gets taken

Reactions: authentic

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Agreed... We are very lucky to have more than 1 win this series. Against the worst playoff roster Tampa has iced on year's.

Yup.

-> No McDanaugh, No Palat either; they had already traded a bunch last season to be cap compliant

Skills will only get you so far; after that it is your "will" to play,
-will to get to the puck first,
-will to win the puck/board battles
-will to take the beating and still stand in front of the net
-will to take the hit to make a play
-will to take a hit to get possession
-will to give a hit to get possession
-will to outskate the opposition

Look at Cooper and Bolts' presser when they got embarrassed by CBJ in a sweep and then look at their presser when they won the cup. They kept bringing the CBJ series result as a motivator

I find this hard to believe. Lol. I feel like you are already at your wits end.

I am almost there. Dubas era has definitely made me lose my sanity. One way or another either the Leafs win or Shanahan/Dubas/Keefe are thrown out the door. So its a win-win for my sanity until then its a game by game process I suppose at least for me.

The worst would be leafs exit again in the 1st round and the three stooges are still here. Then for my own sanity I guess I will take a break from the Leafs. Its getting frustating!

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Get your ass in front of Vas!
And shoot from distance, it appears for some reason he has a difficult time with tracking. A couple of shots that were just wide were totally missed and just waved at so yeah he tried to stop them.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yup.

-> No McDanaugh, No Palat either; they had already traded a bunch last season to be cap compliant

Look at Cooper and Bolts' presser when they got embarrassed by CBJ in a sweep and then look at their presser when they won the cup. They kept bringing the CBJ series result as a motivator

I am almost there. Dubas era has definitely made me lose my sanity. One way or another either the Leafs win or Shanahan/Dubas/Keefe are thrown out the door. So its a win-win for my sanity until then its a game by game process I suppose at least for me.

The worst would be leafs exit again in the 1st round and the three stooges are still here. Then for my own sanity I guess I will take a break from the Leafs. Its getting frustating!

Something tells me the Leafs should've been swept at some point instead of always going to game 7. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Something tells me the Leafs should've been swept at some point instead of always going to game 7. :laugh:
That's the thing though. Why is it that the Leafs have no problem getting 3 wins but not 4? Everyone knows the 4th is the hardest, and that's when you have to dig in the deepest to make the push to win. This core has never dug deep like that.

Don't ever let any of those Dubas fanboys try and gaslight you by calling you "ungrateful"

Literally the greatest collection of talent the Leafs have ever had and they go 0-10 in elimination games.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Yup.

Top 4 dman out due to injury, and their #1 Hedman playing injured and sat out two games. This team is still being outplayed for the most part. If we lose, we better hear nothing about getting respect in the hand shake line, because thus far this team certainly hasn't deserved it.

An argument might be made that the top 4 showed up enough offensively, given their stats, but in my opinion the result shows that their abilities still aren't what is needed to offset their enormous cap hits. Tampa's top players are all paid less than Torontos and their roster isn't that impressive after those guys but they still propel their team to a higher level than ours. Our top guys have proven to somehow lack the leadership needed to finish the job. Keefe keeps talking down everyone but Marner and Matthews but he also did admit that the Marner Matthews line, despite strong possession numbers, havent scored enough.

Can't help but think that if Keefe somehow was able to develop Sandin, Robertson, Liljegren or even Timmins more that we'd be in a better place now. I never liked the short leash he had all them on and his distrust ok them, always seemed to me he was self conscience about his job and wanted wins more than to develop his young players. Look at the energy Knies brings to the team. Youthful energy is motivating. Instead we have Lafferty and Holl clogging up critical development time. But admittedly these guys might turn into nothing and I know a lot less of then the info leaf management had on these guys.

So far very unimpressed though, especially given how many years of failure this teams been through and now were getting an even worse showing. Tampa COULD be just on a different level than other team's and if we are able to ever get our the first round maybe the Leafs will surprise us.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
yup! would definitely be better. this game 7 business is just a bad omen man. its like they took other team to 7 games like wtf?
That's the thing though. Why is it that the Leafs have no problem getting 3 wins but not 4? Everyone knows the 4th is the hardest, and that's when you have to dig in the deepest to make the push to win. This core has never dug deep like that.

Don't ever let any of those Dubas fanboys try and gaslight you by calling you "ungrateful"

Literally the greatest collection of talent the Leafs have ever had and they go 0-10 in elimination games.

They're too talented to be swept and can't muster up enough effort to close out a series. Hopefully that somehow changes tomorrow night.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
I almost want them to prove they can win in 7. If no one thinks they can win a 7th game there's no point as they're not a real competitor.

mrJT

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Hope we win, have zero faith whatsoever, in my mind the series is over.

Please prove me wrong

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If we don't get it done tomorrow and Holl f***s up and then you have Keefe defending that pylon I am gonna lost my shit more than usual
Keefe has lost whatever clue he may have had at some point. I have very little confidence in his ability to get these guys to succeed.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
watching the sportsnet feed for panthers/bruins game and i think they have bowen calling that game. Why can they let Bowen call Leafs game live on tv?

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Said 6 games before the series started, not changing it now. Worst case they lose this game and than lose in 7, we would be witness to the biggest gong show in sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad