GDT: GM#6: Philthy @ Dirty City - 7:38pm EST

Jun 15, 2007
Only negative is seeing how good Michkov was.

Its very annoying to have been to close to getting him. Leonard seems like a fine consolation prize but damn, if we got Michkov we might not even need to rebuild after Ovechkin.

Reactions: um

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Its very annoying to have been to close to getting him. Leonard seems like a fine consolation prize but damn, if we got Michkov we might not even need to rebuild after Ovechkin.

Based on all the hype i was expecting more. Good on the PP and non-factor otherwise. Caved in for -3 today and i was hoping to see the expression on Torts face when Michkov and Konecny dogged in 2+ minute shift on the PP and refused to go off and then gave up a goal against to Dowd when they were too gassed to defend. Rookie mistakes. He had another 3 minute shift too. KHL-level stuff.

Going to be a rough year for him there. On the PP he's great but 1 ESP so far and plusminus he's among the worst in the league. Long way to go even if he's shown flashes.

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
Based on all the hype i was expecting more. Good on the PP and non-factor otherwise. Caved in for -3 today and i was hoping to see the expression on Torts face when Michkov and Konecny dogged in 2+ minute shift on the PP and refused to go off and then gave up a goal against to Dowd when they were too gassed to defend. Rookie mistakes. He had another 3 minute shift too. KHL-level stuff.

Going to be a rough year for him there. On the PP he's great but 1 ESP so far and plusminus he's among the worst in the league. Long way to go even if he's shown flashes.
Man, I just looked at the Flyers' numbers and all their top forwards are getting caved in at even strength. Michkov's been on for 1 GF and 10 GA, for Konecny it's 0 GF and 11 GA, for Frost it's 0 GF and 10 GA, for Tippett it's 1 GF and 8 GA. That's their top four forwards in ES TOI, absolutely brutal.

Reactions: Calicaps

redwings86

I understood english and hockey
Apr 15, 2024
Sweden
I had really predicted right, the Capitals won 6-3, I predicted yesterday, the raw talent Michkov now averages one point per game in the Flyers suit, Ovechkin's second goal of the season addition.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

Meh, over-hyped by the TNT announcers who basically pumped his tires every time he and Philly were on the ice. Almost unbearable. He's good, but TBD if he's talented enough to 'take over games/series'. Don't think his style of play matches Tort's system.

Reactions: Calicaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

F that guy…..he wanted to be a Flyer. I will forever root against that bum, and will enjoy every time I see his tiny frame get wrecked.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

The talent is undeniable but I can see why he was booted from SKA(?) to Sochi multiple times.

Not a very strong skater either.

crab

Jan 26, 2019

He’s a turnover machine. He makes a ton of low chance attempts that lead to turnovers. If you continuously do that and get minutes you will get points but at what cost.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Michkov is a star. It is what it is. They tried subterfuge with Nikolishin but it didn’t work. Danny Briere knows all about playing dirty.

Leonard + Cristall is probably going to end up being a Top 3 draft class from that year, though.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I need my wife to come home and save me. This is NOT sustainable!

This made me laugh! Marion Berry powerered donuts. That should be a thing! I don’t want one. But someone will!

lol probably, but you face the slight problem of a mob burning your restaurant down. The protesters were saying some ominous things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad