GDT: GM#51 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @5:30

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Watch us lose. Some of our best players from last game have been scratched for no logical reason.

Im pissed that Quick is starting. Watch him let in a softie on the 1-3rd shot and people blame the defense.

I dont get it why fix something that isn't broken

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Quick is terrible against the Preds. Someone pointed that out on another thread but he has Rob Stauber-esque numbers vs. Nashville.

I read Fisher is coming out of retirement to rejoin the Preds. I doubt he's going to be in the lineup tonight though.

I bet Mitchell could still play. Shame about his concussions. Miss that guy, hope he's doing well. He'd be such a great tutor for a guy like Gravel or MacDermid.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Watch us lose. Some of our best players from last game have been scratched for no logical reason.

Im pissed that Quick is starting. Watch him let in a softie on the 1-3rd shot and people blame the defense.

I dont get it why fix something that isn't broken

Since we don't have a reason, nobody knows if it's logical or not. Plus, Amadio and Brodzinski played the fewest minutes up front, and LaDue played the fewest minutes on the blueline, against the Stars.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Stevens is trying his best to make the team lose. This dumbass.

I felt comfortable with Kuemper last game, while I love Quick his style gives me heart palpitations and we all know he sucks against Nashville, well everybody except Stevens.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Quick is terrible against the Preds. Someone pointed that out on another thread but he has Rob Stauber-esque numbers vs. Nashville.

I read Fisher is coming out of retirement to rejoin the Preds. I doubt he's going to be in the lineup tonight though.

I bet Mitchell could still play. Shame about his concussions. Miss that guy, hope he's doing well. He'd be such a great tutor for a guy like Gravel or MacDermid.

yeah, not in tonight. But I bet they'll still get the emotional boost.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
These are the worst coaching decisions Stevens has made here, even if we somehow win 5-0. Rewarding the roster that played the best game they've played all year with wholesale sweeping changes. Unbelievable.

I wish we had more pissed off media that would take him to task in the postgame if we get blownup tonight.

Reactions: The Pale King

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Stevens is trying his best to make the team lose. This dumbass.

I felt comfortable with Kuemper last game, while I love Quick his style gives me heart palpitations and we all know he sucks against Nashville, well everybody except Stevens.
Sounds like Stevens is making sure every player gets into the lineup during the Dad's trip.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Sounds like Stevens is making sure every player gets into the lineup during the Dad's trip.

There's no other reason that makes sense. Without that losing streak, I'd be fine with it. On the bubble now, though.

Little Psycho

Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

The Kings are barely clinging to a playoff spot and Quick doesn't have the best record against Nashville, he should have sucked it up and put the team first instead of whose kid hasn't played in-front of his dad.

We are don't have the luxury to showcase everyone on the roster, we are not in a position like Vegas who's sitting quite comfortably on the top.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
We're like a peewee team. Every parent gets to see their kid play. Pretty soon Stevens will be handing out participation awards.

Last edited:

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
It stinks that they are changing the lineup after Tuesday's game. But it is kind of a tradition that everyone plays on the dads trip. But it's usually a 3-4 game trip not a two. And got end up with a back to back where charging the lineup makes more sense even if the team might be hot.
But we can ill afford a bad game right now.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It stinks that they are changing the lineup after Tuesday's game. But it is kind of a tradition that everyone plays on the dads trip. But it's usually a 3-4 game trip not a two. And got end up with a back to back where charging the lineup makes more sense even if the team might be hot.
But we can ill afford a bad game right now.

It's a bad situation regardless in my view. They lose, it's as we expected, and we broke what was a good thing. They win, and we're likely stuck with this lineup. They lose but play well and we might be stuck with it anyway! I'd love for them to make me eat my words instead and play a monster game, but I get the feeling if we win it will be on the backs of Kopitar and Doughty and not the whole roster and we'll instead be back to square one.

Just trade Brodz, Ladue already if you don't plan on getting them experience. I'm almost on the same boat with Amadio. They show signs of growth--then immediately go back to the bench. It's maddening.

Little Psycho

Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

tenor.gif

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Well he took his ex-team to bake cakes when they were slumping hard in his Philly days. I wouldn't be surprised.
He also took the Kings out for ice cream when they're were slumping and Terry Murray got fired.

Maybe he'll take them out for a pizza party after tonight's game.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Since we don't have a reason, nobody knows if it's logical or not. Plus, Amadio and Brodzinski played the fewest minutes up front, and LaDue played the fewest minutes on the blueline, against the Stars.

Yeah but they all were very solid last game regardless of minutes.

Im actually sad forbort is back. Hope he gets the flu. Defense has looked solid since that pylon has been out. Kings have been getting the puck out of the zone better and transitioning quicker.

Forbort has zero speed nor puck handling abilities. Watch us get absolutely pounded and quick letting in softies

Reactions: Winger23

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It's a bad situation regardless in my view. They lose, it's as we expected, and we broke what was a good thing. They win, and we're likely stuck with this lineup. They lose but play well and we might be stuck with it anyway! I'd love for them to make me eat my words instead and play a monster game, but I get the feeling if we win it will be on the backs of Kopitar and Doughty and not the whole roster and we'll instead be back to square one.

Just trade Brodz, Ladue already if you don't plan on getting them experience. I'm almost on the same boat with Amadio. They show signs of growth--then immediately go back to the bench. It's maddening.

Weren't people expecting a loss to Dallas? Amadio and Brodzinski were the 11th and 12th forwards in ice time, and LaDue was the 6th defenseman in ice time by 7 minutes. Wasn't how good Kopitar was the big story of the game?

Stevens shortens the bench almost as soon as the game starts, but we're talking about 3 of the 4 players that played the fewest minutes in the game. If this is a participation trophy thing for grown men to play in front of their dad's in the NHL, which most have done at least once, if not multiple times, in the middle of a playoff race, then that's crap. At the same time, those 3 guys barely played anyway. LaDue scored a goal, which makes it look worse, but he barely played 12 minutes. It's possible, with or without the dad's, that he wouldn't play.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kuemper lights out, gets a clean sheet.

LaDue scores a beauty first goal plays solid, builds confidence ...

Both benched for a pathetic pylon of a defenseman, and a goalie who's been absolutely mediocre in recent games.. Against a team whos prone to lighting him up...

What could possibly go wrong?

You know you are a dumb f***ing coach when youve pissed off the entire fan base after a stellar performance.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad