Post-Game Talk: GM 50: Predators 2 @ Canucks 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No it won't, Miller has another year at $6m, he is safe.

Not if Markstrom keeps giving them the best chance of winning....coach can keep riding Miller if he wants, but at some point it could cost him his job.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Not if Markstrom keeps giving them the best chance of winning....coach can keep riding Miller if he wants, but at some point it could cost him his job.

They aren't going to anger Miller this year. Markstrom has already outplayed him and they are back to Miller as starter, this will continue uno less Miller is unplayably bad or they can trade him.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Woo...

Got a ticket to this one for $35!

And afterwards, gonna hang out with RyJo and Bowie in one of RyJo's multiple homes and brainstorm ways to fire our management team and bring in a new one in preparation for RyJo's FA signing with the Canucks for the 17/18 season.

:yo:

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
And afterwards, gonna hang out with RyJo and Bowie in one of RyJo's multiple homes and brainstorm ways to fire our management team and bring in a new one in preparation for RyJo's FA signing with the Canucks for the 17/18 season.

What on earth are you talking about?? :loony:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Woo...

What on earth are you talking about?? :loony:

Oh you didn't know?

(in the theme of the OT Non-ski resort thread)

Yo ass betta caaaaaaaall somebody!!

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Woo...

Over some good BBQ?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Linden Vey is the square peg that WD is trying to put into the circular hole. Eventually it will fit, right?

He just gets stuck and stubborn about the dumbest things....apparently he's utterly convinced that Vey and Etem have to play together and form the basis of a third line....I don't care what they did together in the Hat, so far they're doing squat together in the NHL....but he'll just keep throwin' em over the boards until the light bulb finally goes on.:banghead:

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Sutter back, not sure if giving him first line minutes is the best way to get him back up to speed. Would prefer to see McCann stay with Sedin and Hansen for another couple games and Vey sent down to the minors once more.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Sutter back, not sure if giving him first line minutes is the best way to get him back up to speed. Would prefer to see McCann stay with Sedin and Hansen for another couple games and Vey sent down to the minors once more.

Willie only plays our 1st line about 12 mins/game so he should be fine.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Willie only plays our 1st line about 12 mins/game so he should be fine.

Lol...yes, I'd more more concerned if they slotted him into the fourth line with Dorsett and Cracknell....he'd get worn out with all that third period ice-time when the team is down by a goal.:lol:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm not sure about the player you are talking about with Toronto... but McDavid was injured.

Like Horvat was sent down last yr due to injury.

We wouldn't have the same loophole with McCann or Virtanen. I THINK.

Toronto sent down corrado after being on their active roster.
Same with edmonton and kassian

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Woo...

I'm jealous

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Toronto sent down corrado after being on their active roster.
Same with edmonton and kassian

Corrado hadn't played in nearly a month, so a conditioning stint could be justified. Virtanan and McCann haven't gone more than 5 days without a game this month so there's no argument for them needing a conditioning stint.

And Kassian isn't on a conditioning stint. He was loaned to the AHL normally.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Corrado hadn't played in nearly a month, so a conditioning stint could be justified. Virtanan and McCann haven't gone more than 5 days without a game this month so there's no argument for them needing a conditioning stint.

And Kassian isn't on a conditioning stint. He was loaned to the AHL normally.

I dunno how the rules work exactly. But it seems other teams are using loopholes.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I dunno how the rules work exactly. But it seems other teams are using loopholes.

Kassian one I know... He's already cleared waivers... So now they've called him up, so he has 10 gms before he has be placed on waivers again. So he's sent down now with no risk.

No idea what the Corrado was due to... But 18 and 91 wouldn't be eligible for the McDavid/Horvat/Kassian treatment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad