Post-Game Talk: [GM 50] Canucks lose to Devils in OT| 4-5 | Kuzmenko, Schenn, Lazar, Di Giuseppe

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
leopard-tank-tank.gif

Reactions: mriswith

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Are they essentially stripping Myers of the A? Did Myers always have an A? Are they acknowledging how much he sucks on and off the ice
How good/bad a player is on the ice has nothing to do with how they are off the ice. Comments like that are so weird and make me wonder if the ones making these type of comments have ever played a team sport before.

Typically the worst players are the best guys off the ice.

Reactions: DekeyPete

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Continuing to play Dries in top-9 C minutes is a heck of a tank move.

While it is - I want to parse my feelings on that a but by saying I like and respect Dries a lot. He gives an honest effort and has delivered more than expected for a depth AHL signing. Sometimes it’s nice to see journeymen get rewarded with some opportunities.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
While it is - I want to parse my feelings on that a but by saying I like and respect Dries a lot. He gives an honest effort and has delivered more than expected for a depth AHL signing. Sometimes it’s nice to see journeymen get rewarded with some opportunities.

No argument there. And I think Dries could actually have some use as a skill injection on the wing on the 4th line and helping the 2nd unit PP.

But the guy just can't hack it defensively in the NHL at C. It's the same deal as Adam Gaudette - he's just nowhere near good enough to play that position at this level.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Lol the Miller Hughes Garland video at practice.

Is funny cuz Hughes is so little compared to JT, then Garland comes over and Quinn looks like Pronger.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010

Both of them are good picks to wear the "A". Both have the potential to be Captain.

In my opinion, Hughes is a better media communicator than Petey. But, I think a lot will depend on "the room" next year, as there will probably be some more comings and goings. I guess Rick Tocchet will decide who can handle the pressure.

Reactions: bh53

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong

Thanks to Imac my faith in canucks has been restored, I will proceed to buy a set season ticket for my family and buy all jerseys whether home/away/special occasions. I should clarify I am not Francesco Aqualini but you guys should buy all the merch the canucks offer and Aqualini group is a fair, just, and responsible company and all media that says bad things about us are f***ing bullshit.

Reactions: JT Milker

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think back to Pettersson's rookie season. Often reported by Botch and Jeff Paterson about Pettersson's practice habits. Always one of the first there, last one off, staying late after working on his shot or other particular skills. So much so that it rubbed off on teammates and soon more were staying late with him, honing skills. Never Loui Eriksson.

If that's the kind of Pettersson that is still there, and I believe it is, he fits the captain archetype of leads by example. Lets his play do the talking. Players will follow him because he's the best player and he puts in the work to continue to be that.

Surround him with the right alternates and it doesn't really matter how good he is with the media responsibilities. He'll get better at it, but in the meantime is anyone going to care if he talks sometimes, and Hughes, OEL, Schenn, etc whoever else talks sometimes too? As long as someone is there.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I like Dries as a utility guy...but I'd like him a lot more if he were a viable option to kill penalties and to take some of the harder defensive minutes away from our other lines. I think if we weren't so porous defensively as a group, having an offensive minded 3rd line center wouldn't be as problematic.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
All you fine folks who think Petey is going to resign here: Awwwww.

The rest: let's have a great 5 -2 loss!

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Podkolzin really should be in the top six, especially over Joshua. But otherwise, great to see him back up. Curious to see how he and Aman do after some solid runs in Abby.

Also curious to see what we’ve got in Beauvillier.

That said - New Jersey usually has our number, and they’re damn good to boot.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
It is the next game, the one after the first domino has fallen.
There are several AHL types going for all they are worth to stick so there will be added effort. The PP should be somewhat similar, Miller will probably be the trigger man now.
This game should be interesting

NJD are pretty set in the playoffs now but loaded with younger players that might take the Canucks lightly, that is always an issue with younger teams getting over confident

But NJD win

I will be flipping back and forth between this and the Islanders game to see what Horvat does for them because if he lights it up each Islanders win spurs better offers for other Canucks

Last edited:

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Ive watched 7 Devils game this year. 4 of those 6 were when they were on a tear and let me tell you...When they're rolling its some of the fastest, aggressive and beautiful hockey being played in the NHL.

I hope that team shows up today and just embarrasses our team. Only then will fans, management and ownership understand what a young, properly built team on a upward trajectory is supposed to look like

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad