GDT: GM#4: Caps @ Devs - 7:08pm

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
You want McIlrath to get sheltered minutes in October in case he has to play real minutes in May

I don't want McIIrath getting any minutes in any Month. If he even the 8th best defenseman in the franchise?

It was a fun win but blowing 2 two goal leads is going to drive the coaches nuts.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Pretty great road game. Few mistakes and couple bad goals by Thompson but he had some nice saves too. Caps gave the Devils a gift by handing them that point but Markstrom has been great this season and he got pierced here. 6 goals against and Caps hit the post and crossbar countless times. He must hate facing the Caps.

Last edited:

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
damn that’s some serious athleticism. Throws the table without dropping her purse, then seamlessly transfers it to her right hand as she catches a folding chair left handed. All while displaying some impressive footwork for a woman of her.. carriage
You are wise to notice those powers young Jedi. That gif has a legendary, quasi-mystical capacity to inspire our Caps, no matter who wears the jersey, to scale new heights. The elders know but cannot explain, and its powers must be tapped carefully and selectively - but they are as real as myth (or anything you read on the internet).

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah, they’re missing a pretty significant D-pair. A healthy Devils team playing to their potential should absolutely be a top tier team in the league.

It’s funny Wilson scored the OT winner, because I’ve always thought the Devils would be a spot where Wilson would truly thrive, they could use a Tom Wilson in such a huge way.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
When the scoresheet refreshed I was ecstatic that he scored!

I don't hate the guy and I'd love to be proven wrong! He's certainly proving me wrong so far!
Btw, I know you’re not actively rooting against the guy because the team benefits with him playing great, but I know you would love to be right about his contract also! ;)

His gaudy 41.7% shooting is going to come down closer to reality at some point.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yeah, we should be careful not to go crazy after a four game sample size.

That said, this team clearly has more dynamic offensive potential than last year, which is a weird thing to say considering they dumped one of the most creative playmakers in recent memory during what should've been his physical prime. I'm just going to enjoy the idea that they might be good this year, until proven otherwise...

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
If you break it down seems not far off
hard to argue their top-3 for each division
NYR/CAR/NJD
TBL/FLA/TOR

then they have NYI and BOS next; BOS ok, not sure about NYI
then the cluster of DET/OTT/WSH/BUF, interestingly PIT is sliding down quickly

we're basically in sim territory to last year... chance for 3rd in div or fighting multiple teams for WC

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Yeah, we should be careful not to go crazy after a four game sample size.

That said, this team clearly has more dynamic offensive potential than last year, which is a weird thing to say considering they dumped one of the most creative playmakers in recent memory during what should've been his physical prime. I'm just going to enjoy the idea that they might be good this year, until proven otherwise...
I mean was there a single four game stretch last year as good as this one? Also going to be absolutely hilarious to see the media reaction when Wilson makes Team Canada for the four nations ...

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
If you break it down seems not far off
hard to argue their top-3 for each division
NYR/CAR/NJD
TBL/FLA/TOR

we're basically in sim territory to last year... chance for 3rd in div or fighting multiple teams for WC
I don’t think we are lumped with DET/OTT/BUF. I think we are in the hunt for a top 3 spot. I can see us being ahead of CAR. Clearly we can hang with Detroit. We’ll test NYR within a week. And of course, we aren’t going to win them all so I’m also not going to boomerang back to we suck and trade everyone when we drop a stinker.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

I have no idea where the optimism came for the Pens anyway. Missed the playoffs the past two seasons, added nothing, got older, while the other teams in their division are showing improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad