Post-Game Talk: [GM 31] Canucks lose to Blues | 1-5 | Mikheyev

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It'd be pretty wild if somehow Silovs gets into a game and looks dynamite and we became one of those teams that signs a dirt cheap goalie to term.

Anyway i know for me personally, going to a canucks game has become a pretty taxing ordeal.

Coming from the valley, driving through both traffic Bermuda triangles, (Langley and Burnaby stretches, add like half hour + at least due to never ending accidents traffic etc)

Pay for parking, food, drinks, on top of what a ticket costs. All the to watch them put up 5 min of effort to get blown out 5-1? Then a long ass drive home through traffic etc?

It's getting harder and harder to subject myself to it.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
It'd be pretty wild if somehow Silovs gets into a game and looks dynamite and we became one of those teams that signs a dirt cheap goalie to term.

Anyway i know for me personally, going to a canucks game has become a pretty taxing ordeal.

Coming from the valley, driving through both traffic Bermuda triangles, (Langley and Burnaby stretches, add like half hour + at least due to never ending accidents traffic etc)

Pay for parking, food, drinks, on top of what a ticket costs. All the to watch them put up 5 min of effort to get blown out 5-1? Then a long ass drive home through traffic etc?

It's getting harder and harder to subject myself to it.

Is transit better?

I ask as I come from the North Shore and find that super convent with all of that you mentioned. Plus I don't want to pay for parking that can be as muh as the game.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Is transit better?

I ask as I come from the North Shore and find that super convent with all of that you mentioned. Plus I don't want to pay for parking that can be as muh as the game.
I still have to drive into Surrey or Coquitlam. Definitely easier, but if the team puts up that kind of effort, still not worth it.

Reactions: racerjoe

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
32 Thoughts Today:

-believes Horvat has instructed his side not to negotiate during the season; Canucks can present offers but Horvat's side will not initiate
-Canucks want to move salary
-will have no problem trading Tyler Myers after his bonus is paid out; plenty of teams that will be very happy to pay him 1m to play for them
-Canucks don't want to trade away any other draft picks; want to get back their second rounder they traded earlier; don't want to attach assets to get rid of players
-willing to move a core player to accomplish this; at least one, and have told people it's not Pettersson; "Pettersson is the guy"
-Hughes isn't on the block
-if you're interested in Hughes, it will take an enormous offer
-understand they "need to do this" and not just cap-dump deals; "this" being trade a core player
-can see them trading someone for picks and prospects if they believe it will give them flexibility to do something else
-believes they will extend Ethan Bear
-Marek asks about Miller and Friedman says the only thing he got is, again, Pettersson is the only untouchable
-Vancouver is motivated to do things
-believes that the David Pastrnak negotiations, same agent, will affect Pettersson

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Home ice dis-advantage.
No Elias Pettersson.
Inconsistent goaltending.

The vibe is leaning towards ominous.

200w.gif

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
32 Thoughts Today:

-believes Horvat has instructed his side not to negotiate during the season; Canucks can present offers but Horvat's side will not initiate
-Canucks want to move salary
-will have no problem trading Tyler Myers after his bonus is paid out; plenty of teams that will be very happy to pay him 1m to play for them
-Canucks don't want to trade away any other draft picks; want to get back their second rounder they traded earlier; don't want to attach assets to get rid of players
-willing to move a core player to accomplish this; at least one, and have told people it's not Pettersson; "Pettersson is the guy"
-Hughes isn't on the block
-if you're interested in Hughes, it will take an enormous offer
-understand they "need to do this" and not just cap-dump deals; "this" being trade a core player
-can see them trading someone for picks and prospects if they believe it will give them flexibility to do something else
-believes they will extend Ethan Bear
-Marek asks about Miller and Friedman says the only thing he got is, again, Pettersson is the only untouchable
-Vancouver is motivated to do things
-believes that the David Pastrnak negotiations, same agent, will affect Pettersson

Takeaways from that is that seems more and more likely that Horvat is gone. Unless the Canucks present an offer he likes, he has to be traded, but you get the feeling that the Canucks aren't going to be able to present an offer that gets it done. (Ie he's checked out. )

The stuff about the 2nd round pick makes the Stillman - Dickinson deal even more of a headscratcher.

I still have so much hope that Miller is moved before his next deal kicks in.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
This team without Pettersson is unwatchable.

It was unwatchable before but even more unwatchable now

Reactions: Kreator

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Some scoreboard watching for today.

Oilers @ Predators (5pm)
-an Oilers win would put them in a tie, points-wise, with the Kraken for the 3rd division spot but the Kraken have more wins and a higher P%
-Predators win, with a Canucks loss, would mean they swap places with the Canucks
-an overtime loss for either team does nothing notable to the standings

Islanders @ Avalanche (6pm)
-Avalanche win, with an an Oilers loss, would move them into the 1st wild card spot and push the Oilers to the 2nd
-a loss doesn't affect the standings

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Somehow, Ryan O’Reilly has only 1 career goal in regular season play against Vancouver. Fully expecting a five goal game from him tonight.

One of my low key “got an inordinate amount of pleasure from it” moments was when the Canucks beat the Blues in the bubble. DeBrusk in particular couldn’t stop salivating all over O’Reilly and how single handedly dominant he was and essentially how he was going to be the factor that neutered all the Canucks’ best players.

But that didn’t happen.

Feels like forever ago. Sigh.

Reactions: racerjoe

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Somehow, Ryan O’Reilly has only 1 career goal in regular season play against Vancouver. Fully expecting a five goal game from him tonight.

One of my low key “got an inordinate amount of pleasure from it” moments was when the Canucks beat the Blues in the bubble. DeBrusk in particular couldn’t stop salivating all over O’Reilly and how single handedly dominant he was and essentially how he was going to be the factor that neutered all the Canucks’ best players.

But that didn’t happen.

Feels like forever ago. Sigh.
To be fair, ROR was a stud back then and I do believe the Blues outplayed the Canucks at 5v5. But yes it was fun beating them, they’re a dirty team.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Nothing to base this off of but it gives me OEL/Myers vibes of country club complacent attitude (and suckage)

I was actually thinking the same thing. OEL choosing this team as one of his 2 preferred destinations shows he has no desire to win the Cup. :laugh:

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
No Petey = no PP.

Gosh gee willickers, we do have some other guys who can step up, don't we?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad