Post-Game Talk: [GM 31] Canucks lose to Blues | 1-5 | Mikheyev

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I honestly don't understand why fans are going to the games. That building should be half empty...why would anyone go and watch this team?

truth. monday should be no different people should just finish last min shopping for this week and enjoy with their friends and families instead of attending games. that we know will be the same outcome.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Think I will catch part of this game and be giving my inhouse commentary as still trying to figure out why some Canucks fans hate the Blues so much..

Reactions: Lindgren

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
A while ago I posted about why the rink will always be half-full. The short answer is corporations will give away tickets, there’s people who had purchased the ticket a while ago, tourists taking in the local event, and season ticket holders going or selling their ticket. A lot people don’t care about the hockey, it’s just about seeing the spectacle. This is why they’ve upgraded the concourse and have talked about further improving the fan experience. There are people who will spend nearly the whole game just wandering around. The game is secondary.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
A while ago I posted about why the rink will always be half-full. The short answer is corporations will give away tickets, there’s people who had purchased the ticket a while ago, tourists taking in the local event, and season ticket holders going or selling their ticket. A lot people don’t care about the hockey, it’s just about seeing the spectacle. This is why they’ve upgraded the concourse and have talked about further improving the fan experience. There are people who will spend nearly the whole game just wandering around. The game is secondary.
I’ll be at the game tonight, got free tickets from a season ticket holder as a Christmas gift.

Reactions: mathonwy and Vector

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
They had nothing on these guys:

I *think* the owner of the Brick saved the BC Lions in a sense since he was one of the few that stepped up to buy that franchise (which later was owned by Braley).

I’ll be at the game tonight, got free tickets from a season ticket holder as a Christmas gift.
Cheaper than giving you a lump of coal in your stocking eh?:sarcasm:

• Wow
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Cheaper than giving you a lump of coal in your stocking eh?:sarcasm:
Lol in my head I’m thinking “Hey free hockey game that’s cool” then when I realize a beer for me and my wife will be $40 I remember why I never go to games anymore

Reactions: Vector

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Lol in my head I’m thinking “Hey free hockey game that’s cool” then when I realize a beer for me and my wife will be $40 I remember why I never go to games anymore
No worries, just sneak in a pack of these babies and get some water.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 9.39.25 AM.png

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
That’s a hopeful step in Dermott’s recovery. I don’t think he’ll move the needle for us in a meaningful way, but recovering from a concussion sucks - I hope it goes smoothly for him.

I think it will move the needle... but that has less to do with him and more to do with Stillman.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
They got lucky, they can blame the no shows on the weather ;)

I expect there will be offence out of the gate or at least not circling the wagons right away.

Heads or Tails, which team shows up?

No Pettersson so that is the total of important players missing from the Canucks line up.

As the "Apologist" (Garrett) said on Saturday, "It is hard being at home, there are so many distractions" He then went on to explain Scott Oake's question to Allvin gaining him Scott's asking if he was the assistant GM or applying for it.
Scott actually did a pretty fair job asking some pointed questions for about 10 minutes, of course there were no answers but questions were asked.

Too bad a skunk could not be thrown on the ice instead of jersey's, it would add to the visual stink.

St. Louis has been a lot like the Canucks getting wins and points in OT lately but have passed the Nux in the standings.

At this point two tier 4 teams playing each other but St Louis has been a winning team recently, Van has not and that might be the difference.

St Louis wins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad