GDT: GM#2: Knits @ Caps - 7pm-ish

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Dude has become a legit top line center. Plays a great all around game. Could've had a hat trick tonight.
Showing why he was a third overall pick, and another example of BMac targeting former high draft picks that maybe needed a change of scenery to unlock that next step in their development.

Speaking of development, it’s super early but Lapierre has been hot ass through 5+ periods. Worst on the team in pretty much every metric and looks slow and indecisive. His rough preseason has definitely bled into the regular season.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
His hands look so much better to start this season than last season. Last season he was handling the puck like a grenade on a tennis racket.

I can also see why having him as RW at ES makes sense. He doesn't have the same kind of speed and agility he used to have, so the zone exits are cleaner if he can be on his strong side.

He can then switch over to the left side in the offensive zone if the play brings him there.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Solid win. Thompson Creek was good.

Concerning bit on Lapierre is he seems physically unassertive and the speed's a non-factor. McMichael seems faster. I'd give him the 3C spot to cook here sooner than later and wouldn't close the door on swapping out Lapierre for Miro. Vrana-CMM-MIro may realistically be the most interesting third line they can come up with.

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
One of the better games I remember them playing in a long while. We've got a brutal schedule to start the year, lets get another two points on Thursday

Pros: Ovi looked great, the second line has some nice chemistry, Chychrun is a real boost
Cons: Wish they could've kept the pace from the first two periods a little longer, Lappy looked better but still seems tired, Sandin had a night to forget

Reactions: Kalopsia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad