GDT: Gm 16: Detroit at Anaheim, @ 7pm Pacific on Nov 15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Time: 7:00 pm Pacific
Date: Saturday, Nov 15, 2022
Where: Anaheim, CA
TV: BSW (local), ESPN + (out-of-market). SN1
Radio Stream: Ducks Stream

:wings
Record: 7-5-3 (17 pts)
Last 5: 2-2-1 (5 pts)
Streak: Loss 3

At

Ducks small logo.png

Record: 4-10-1 (9 pts)
Last 5: 1-4-0 (2 pts)
Streak: Loss 3

By the Box Preview =======

Even Strength

ES Goals
TeamGamesGoalsPP GoalsSHGSOWES GoalsES Goals/game
Anaheim
15​
42​
4​
1​
2​
35​
2.33​
Detroit
15​
44​
11​
2​
0​
31​
2.07​

This is becoming a commonality of identifying the Ducks are a better ES goal scoring team than its opponent.

ES GoalsAgainst
TeamGamesGAPP GASHGASOLES GAES GA/game
Anaheim
15​
68​
20​
3​
1​
44​
2.93​
Detroit
15​
50​
10​
3​
1​
36​
2.40​

This is also becoming a commonality of identifying the Ducks are a worse ES defensive unit than its opponent.

Anaheim's roster construction this past off-season was offensively biased and neglected both the defensive as well as physical play. The numbers above reflect the roster construction.

ES Advantage: Even

====
Power Play

Power Play
TeamRankPP EffPP GoalsPP OppPPO/game.SHGA
Anaheim31st
9.8%​
4​
41​
2.73​
3​
Detroit23rd
19.3%​
11​
57​
3.80​
3​

Anaheim has gone scoreless in the past three games on the PP, going 0 for 8. GM Verbeek might want to look around to give assistant coach Brown some help here, maybe see if Geoff Ward can give insight remotely on a consultant basis.

Potential Anaheim PP goals lamenting, "The sun clasps the Earth, the moonbeams kiss the season, but what are all these kisses worth if thou kiss not me."

PP Advantage: :wings

====
Penalty Kill

TeamRankPK EffPP GATSHTSH/game.SHG
Anaheim31st
64.3%​
20​
56​
3.73​
1​
Detroit16th
78.3%​
10​
46​
3.07​
2​

Call it a miracle, but the PK unit had a clean sheet in their last outing, going 0 for 1. I'll take the minuscule step in a positive direction.

ill-take-it.gif

PK Advantage: :wings

====

Summary Ranking
ES GF = 18th​
ES GA = 30th​
PP = 31st​
PK = 31st​

Again, our roster construction is offensively biased and neglected defense as well as physicality. We have two players who have played 10 games or more that do not have a negative rating in D Shattenkirk with a +1 rating and uncle Rico with +0 rating.

In the Ducks' top-4 scoring, three are the youths in Terry (19 pts), Zegras (15 pts), and McTavish (7 pts). Despite being disastrous thus far, the youths are still progressing. McTavish is producing while being limited in minutes and often playing with the bottom-6. His most productive games have been at center, but he has been relieved of that duty.

=== How the Ducks Can Win ===

1. Limit TSH to 2 or fewer.
2. Keep SOG within 2 - 4 per period.
3. Score 1 PP goal. Detroit has been in a giving mood recently.

=== First Goal Prediction Thread ===

Don't forget to your "Duck call" on which Duck will score first. No, you cannot say no Ducks will score. And no, you cannot say an own goal counts as a first goal! Here's you link to chime: First Goal Prediction Thread.

1st goal Leader Board
RankScorerTotalRecent winner
1-tiedanezthes4:thumbu:
1-tiedDigiDuck4:thumbu:
1-tiedFiveHoleTickler4:thumbu:
2-tiedbsu3:thumbu:
2-tiedHamilton Bulldogs3
2-tiedKalv3
2-tiedSean Garrity3

=== In closing

With both teams having 3-game losing streaks, there could be a chance the Ducks can win this one in regulation time.

you-cant-quit-now-dont-give-up.gif

Let's go, Ducks!

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Could be similar themes. Terry and Zegras are the rising stars like the Starks, being the "center" of attention. McTavish gets sent to the wall... away from center.

I can’t wait for that Jon Snow sequel, hopefully it’s still moving forward. Anyway, I thought McTavish looked good at C, he is flirting around a .50 PPG average on a shitty Ducks team with 4th line mins. He has shown he can handle the position on the NHL level. Why is Eakins trying to hurt his development? It goes against everything they are trying to do this season.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I can’t wait for that Jon Snow sequel, hopefully it’s still moving forward. Anyway, I thought McTavish looked good at C, he is flirting around a .50 PPG average on a shitty Ducks team with 4th line mins. He has shown he can handle the position on the NHL level. Why is Eakins trying to hurt his development? It goes against everything they are trying to do this season.

No idea here either. I could understand if McTavish was struggling to put him back at wing, but he was on a 2-game high with 4th liners.

Maybe the coaching staff saw something in-game that they didn't like and instead of benching him, they put him at wing. So many questions, but the eye and analytics tests match. Even the Hazy test matched.

One thing I would like to see changed about McTavish is to put him on the PP2 unit so he can be blasting away with his powerful one-timers. On PP1, the one-timer position is filled by Zegras and Terry; the plays are always to feed Zegras or Terry and makes McTavish useless in the middle.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Duck games are pretty close to be added to my weekly chore list at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad