GDT: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM PST | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Our D isn't built to defend aggressively. It should be 'contain and collapse', that's how I think it's built. If there's a missed assignment, it makes all 5 skaters look like dogf***ers.
Frankly I still have no idea what the system intends for everyone

Seems to just be that one skater flies at opposition until we have a breakdown and get scored on

The limit nothing strategy is quite effective

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
He’s right. I brought this up earlier. Chiasson made an AHL level read.

Hughes and Myers just looked soft the entire shift. You can do whatever you want against them and they do f*** all to deter. They had opportunities to do so on that shift - on the entry, on the clear, off puck when the oilers were working it but they just are incapable.

Chiasson’s cover was so f***ing poor

Sure, but if you have to go back 3-4 touches and the goal is scored in front by a completely uncovered player while the net front d-man (actually Myers is in front-ish where he should be) is covering nobody - well, you're grasping at straws.

Myers is covering nobody. He has rotated to the net front but is not covering the net front man. That's it, bottom dollar. You can recover from a few mistakes up the chain in a play but if Myers covers the net front man this goal might not happen.

Draisaitl is out of the play in the corner.

You could also blame Quinn for doing that undisciplined thing we sem to like letting our d-men do, which is chase past the hash marks. And he stopped skating too.

Anyways, exceedingly poor analysis by Harman. I know people crap on Myers a lot but to be honest he deserves it most of the time.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Sure, but if you have to go back 3-4 touches and the goal is scored in front by a completely uncovered player while the net front d-man (actually Myers is in front-ish where he should be) is covering nobody - well, you're grasping at straws.

Myers is covering nobody. He has rotated to the net front but is not covering the net front man. That's it, bottom dollar. You can recover from a few mistakes up the chain in a play but if Myers covers the net front man this goal might not happen.

Draisaitl is out of the play in the corner.

You could also blame Quinn for doing that undisciplined thing we sem to like letting our d-men do, which is chase past the hash marks. And he stopped skating too.

Anyways, exceedingly poor analysis by Harman. I know people crap on Myers a lot but to be honest he deserves it most of the time.
I think I made some similar points about the overall stupidity of Hughes and Myers on that shift but I still think that primary breakdown happened less than 5s before the goal.

Only EP seemed competent there

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
If Myers is on the ice for a goal against then it is automatically his fault, at least on this board. I thought he had a pretty good period myself...
No we cant say Myers is good at any moment during the season

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Dx7DNcp.png

YESSSSSSS

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Frankly I still have no idea what the system intends for everyone

Seems to just be that one skater flies at opposition until we have a breakdown and get scored on

The limit nothing strategy is quite effective

Well, 2-man forecheck for puck pressure is the basis of Green's "system". But especially in the regular season it's a really difficult system to implement consistently.

We need F3 to be fairly deep and help clog the neutral zone. Hopefully F1/F2 pressure causes a good funnel in the neutral zone and they stand up at the blueline to deny entry or only allow a dump.

That's the way it's supposed to work. In past years the defence has sagged passively at the blueline, which lets the opposition regain the puck in the middle and build up enough speed for entry. This basically negates all of the work done up front on the forecheck.

Reactions: Peen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad