Feb 12, 2022
034D4145-9642-4A8F-A571-D5154ED6003C.jpeg
BF05C9E5-E487-409E-BCAA-44FB277453E5.jpeg

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Fun game. I had to leave for a meeting i; the middle of the second period but got home in time for overtime. Not only did Rangers win, but the Cubs had a walk off HR too. I should have a meeting every night.

Trocheck and Sherstykin are neck and neck for the Conn Smythe right now. I thought Roslovic also played really well. He will have some big moments in this series. The Miller-Schneider combo continues to take steps forward. And Lafreniere sounds like an Anglo Canadian.

All good right now.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
There were some questionable calls on Carolina in this game. Absolutely no doubt.

The last call on Skjei was a mugging. I don't know what they're on about.
100%. I'm really not sure why people online and on the broadcast were losing their mind about it. It was a blatant cross check in OPEN ICE with everyone staring at the puck carrier and it would've sprung a rush. The ref almost always calls that, especially in OT when the other team just had a power play.

And all the focus on that one, the cross check on Goodrow that led to the 4v4 goal was a FAR more egregious call.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Panarin is contributing. That's good.

This team is finally in a spot where I don't feel like he needs to win by himself.

He just needs to add what he can add. Don't get frustrated and play stupid like he did against Washington for a bit.
Several times, including that huge move in double overtime, he made big plays in the offensive zone to generate a chance. He was held without a shot till halfway through the 2nd period and then he turned it up. He isn't shying away or changing his game if the game is getting tough or shitty, which is what he did in the playoffs last year and even a bit the year prior.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
this game was so long i honestly forgot laf scored twice tonight and voted for jack with tro and igor since he was really good in the last 3 periods. time for sleep lol

Reactions: JRinNYC

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Since we won the game, Trouba's performance tonight was an all-time hilarious chaotic triumph if we're all being honest. Boneheaded penalties multiple times over, poorly timed pinches, a few good hits, the worst turnover of his life gifting them a goal, almost breaking his neck and decapitating someone with his skate. Just an absolutely hilarious performance.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Igor was locked in and was loving the action. The Canes throw a ton of shots on net. If he’s sees them he’s making the save.

Everything is working, hell of a comeback. The Rangers as a whole, to me, looked like they wanted this game more than the Canes - especially in the overtimes.

Little things. Winning Battles, skating and reaching just a little bit faster, a little bit further. You can almost see the experience of the prior two playoffs showing itself. They aren’t taking a shift off.

I also felt they had more juice and playing 11 forwards instead of just 9 like the Canes shows the difference in depth. That becomes noticeable as games extend like tonight.

The Aho / Guentzal line is dangerous as hell. And Necas is flying out there. They need to hold them down as much as possible. I keep saying it. Give Igor 3 goals and it’s good enough for a win or a shot in Ot

Reactions: Filip Chytil

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Loved it. Can finally breathe.

With that said, still need a little more effort in Game 3.

Bread seemed to find it a bit late in the 3rd into OT. Hope it continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad