Post-Game Talk: Gluten-Free Ovechkin

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Do the whiners have anything to complain about to ruin this for the rest of us? Trouba no? He only had a million blocked shots tonight. Maybe Shesterkin? He didn’t have a shutout. Maybe next game.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Trouba's worse play was the pinch into the pile that.led to Breads penalty in the 2nd OT. No idea what he was trying to accomplish there
Right before the sequence where he threw that nice backhand neutral zone pass to Carolina where they then scored, he made another great play the sequence right before where Necas was coming down on him and it looked like he was gonna try to line him up, got caught flat footed and stuck in no man's land and Necas just skated right by him undeterred

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Apparently the big talking point after this game is....
Should Trouba be suspended for trying to avoid breaking his own neck after the guy he was hitting fell early?
They have to grasp at something. You know like the most penalized team in the playoffs getting all the calls.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
1715140063344.png

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Man, that was just such a gutsy win. That's a game former Rangers teams lose in the 3rd or early in OT. This team really has that special extra something you really only get from maturing as a group and overcoming disappointments. Let's hope they can keep pushing. Winning this game, a game you were trailing in the third, on home ice to go up 2-0 in the series instead of splitting is just massive.

And make no mistake, Carolina brought their A+++ game. They obviously controlled a lot of the game, but we weathered it and really kept a lot to the outside and then we fought back and over powered them at times and were pretty damn dangerous at 5v5 for long spurts. Igor was amazing and the PP came through. It's the formula this team has been working on and now has seemingly, hopefully, perfected.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
I've been going on and on and on how fucccking good this Vincenzo Trocheck has been .....I guess I shouldn't stop now. It's not just the goal though. It's the grit....the constant buzzing and buzzing .......forchecking backchecking.......just plain checking........blocking shots............Tonights game was an exception but all year he's been great on faceoffs. This guy has done wonders for Laffy and Panarin has benefited as well. He's been my fav Ranger all year !

Reactions: will1066

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I didn't see a replay so I'm going off what my eyes are remembering but holy shit Trouba went in 100 MPH and 10s late on a pinch that lead to Panarin taking that hooking penalty. I was yelling at him at least once a shift.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Rempe played 4 minutes of a 90 minute game. Might be time for Chytil.

Soon.

If Rempe were a D this should have been done 5 games ago. But he's a player who barely plays on a line that barely plays.

I didn't see a replay so I'm going off what my eyes are remembering but holy shit Trouba went in 100 MPH and 10s late on a pinch that lead to Panarin taking that hooking penalty. I was yelling at him at least once a shift.

Yeah it was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad