Movies: Gladiator 2

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If you want to read something crazy, there was supposedly a Gladiator 2 story that was pitched years ago where Maximus comes back from the dead and starts showing up on battlefields all throughout time.

Reactions: xtra

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Ridley Scott needs to retire to the old folks home. The travesty that was Covenant proves he's outta touch with modern film making and the needs and wants of the movie going public.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
If you want to read something crazy, there was supposedly a Gladiator 2 story that was pitched years ago where Maximus comes back from the dead and starts showing up on battlefields all throughout time.
Ok I can’t be the only one that would see this for the train wreck it could be

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Ok I can’t be the only one that would see this for the train wreck it could be

I'd have watched it just for the sheer weirdness of it. What we'll probably get is a very similar storyline to the first Gladiator, but with Lucius in the Maximus role. And most likely it'll be a disappointment like pretty much all of Ridley Scott's movies in the last 10-15 years.

Reactions: xtra

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

It looks better than I was expecting. I'm not a fan of the modern music in the trailer, but I doubt that the movie will have it, not with Ridley Scott directing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuggy

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

It actually looks like it could be decent. I'm not a fan of the modern music in the trailer, but I doubt that Ridley Scott would allow that in the movie, itself.

I feel like an all AC/DC soundtrack like Maximum Overdrive is the way to go, hell if they went with the risen from the dead idea they could have called it Maximus Overdrive

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Looks like it's set during the reign of emperors Caracalla and Geta. The story of those two is even wilder than Commodus'.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks not bad at all though I am not sure why Lucius says that he grew up without a mother or father. Will be interesting to see what might have happened after the events of the first movie for him to not be with his mother.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It looks cool, but god I hate the use of contemporary music.

A lot of these trailers are too long nowadays. You're showing too much of the movie. I understand they're trying to make it feel BIG. But sometimes less is more.

Denzel comes off a little weak in this.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Looks not bad at all though I am not sure why Lucius says that he grew up without a mother or father. Will be interesting to see what might have happened after the events of the first movie for him to not be with his mother.
I'm guessing he's trying to hide his true identity. Or perhaps a case of amnesia?

Reactions: Imgoingtowork

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Looks pretty good. Don't think anyone was asking for a Gladiator sequel but that's never stopped the studios before. What the hell is Denzel doing in it tho :laugh:

Well made period pieces are usually hits.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

There was a bloody power struggle after Commodus was killed, and I think he had no kids, so if Lucius was his nephew he probably would have been next in line for the throne and thus marked for death. So she likely sent him away to hide him.

Looks pretty good. Don't think anyone was asking for a Gladiator sequel but that's never stopped the studios before. What the hell is Denzel doing in it tho :laugh:

Well made period pieces are usually hits.
Denzel plays Macrinus, who was a power broker of North African origin.

13005.jpeg.webp

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
There was a bloody power struggle after Commodus was killed, and I think he had no kids, so if Lucius was his nephew he probably would have been next in line for the throne and thus marked for death. So she likely sent him away to hide him.

13005.jpeg.webp
I was thinking sometime like that possibly. I mean he does remember Maximus' battle in the ring so amnesia would not seem to work in this case.

Will be interesting to see.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Macrinus probably didn't look like that reconstruction or Denzel, though. He was from what's now Algeria. That said, the main character is played by an Irish actor who likely doesn't look much like most ancient Romans, either. At least it's just a movie and not a documentary.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Macrinus probably didn't look like that reconstruction or Denzel, though. He was from what's now Algeria. That said, the main character is played by an Irish actor who likely doesn't look much like most ancient Romans, either. At least it's just a movie and not a documentary.
The actors playing Geta and Caracalla also likely look nothing like the 1/4 Roman, 1/4 North African, 1/2 Arab people they actually were either. 🤷‍♂️

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It looks cool, but god I hate the use of contemporary music.

A lot of these trailers are too long nowadays. You're showing too much of the movie. I understand they're trying to make it feel BIG. But sometimes less is more.

Denzel comes off a little weak in this.

Yeah, I liked it right up until the rap song kicked in. I felt like they were pandering to the 18-23 tic tok demo using modern music. Went and look at the original trailer, what a stark difference. The trailer show 2 scenes Scott wanted to put in the 1st one, the Colosseum sea battle, and the Rino fight too, which looks pretty good. Ridely Scott knows how to deliver these epic movies, let's hope he delivers again.

Reactions: johnjm22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad