GDT: Giroux watch 2023/24

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
He did that constantly here, and yet the Authentics still shat on him for not single handedly leading us to a Cup
Im late to the party here but i was very surprised at alot of the shit i read where flyers fans were bashing him saying he was a shitty leader and was a paper capt. because he wasnt good enough to lead them anywhere. saying things like the Giroux flyers were the worst ever and that he was to blame for some of it. all kinds of crazy stuff floating around. blew my mind.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Im late to the party here but i was very surprised at alot of the shit i read where flyers fans were bashing him saying he was a shitty leader and was a paper capt. because he wasnt good enough to lead them anywhere. saying things like the Giroux flyers were the worst ever and that he was to blame for some of it. all kinds of crazy stuff floating around. blew my mind.
Yea but did he win a cup? John Tortorella has won a cup

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
so did red light, your point has zero context to my comment. good one.
Huh who is red light? My post was the usual lame comment you get for giroux haters and I mentioned torts winning a cup to illustrate that winning a cup doesn't necessarily make a player or a coach infallible. My fault you did say you were late to the party I suppose you haven't had years to digest the stupid things people have said about giroux around here.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Huh who is red light? My post was the usual lame comment you get for giroux haters and I mentioned torts winning a cup to illustrate that winning a cup doesn't necessarily make a player or a coach infallible. My fault you did say you were late to the party I suppose you haven't had years to digest the stupid things people have said about giroux around here.
hes a shitty goalie from back in the day. i hear you. thought you may have been one of the torts peeps that think hes flyers hockey jesus.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Only another ~70 points until basically EVERYONE in front of him are HHoFers.

Entire list of players with over 1100 career points who are not in HHoF/not guaranteed to get in:

Jeremy Roenick: 1216 in 1363
Bernie Nicholls: 1209 in 1127
Vincent Damphousse: 1205 in 1378
Patrick Marleau: 1197 in 1779
Rod Brind'Amour: 1184 in 1484

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Only another ~70 points until basically EVERYONE in front of him are HHoFers.

Entire list of players with over 1100 career points who are not in HHoF/not guaranteed to get in:

Jeremy Roenick: 1216 in 1363
Bernie Nicholls: 1209 in 1127
Vincent Damphousse: 1205 in 1378
Patrick Marleau: 1197 in 1779
Rod Brind'Amour: 1184 in 1484

Assuming he ends his career after this contract ( time will tell), what so you think is realistic? 65th at 1104ish?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Assuming he ends his career after this contract ( time will tell), what so you think is realistic? 65th at 1104ish?
If his production holds fairly steady for the remainder of his contract, that would put him around 60th. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see G keep going for a few more years yet.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If his production holds fairly steady for the remainder of his contract, that would put him around 60th. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see G keep going for a few more years yet.

Yeah, I think k he can continue but was thinking if he decides for family reasons to call it quits at this contract. No idea what his line of thought is though. Seems a decent jump from the 65 to 60s range, but I could see gim doing it if he continues to be ageless, for sure.

Reactions: mja

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If he rides off into the sunset after this contract, I get it, but damn, I want him to come back here for one last year. A team legend like Claude should never have had his time here ended the way it was, and I don't want Fletcher to be the guy who gets to decide how it ended for good. Rather Claude go out on his own terms, celebrated properly for all he meant to the team.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If he rides off into the sunset after this contract, I get it, but damn, I want him to come back here for one last year. A team legend like Claude should never have had his time here ended the way it was, and I don't want Fletcher to be the guy who gets to decide how it ended for good. Rather Claude go out on his own terms, celebrated properly for all he meant to the team.

This management team doesn't deserve him, or the positive PR that comes with it. Let him end his career on a happy note elsewhere.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This management team doesn't deserve him, or the positive PR that comes with it. Let him end his career on a happy note elsewhere.
They don't, but the fans (well, some fans) do. Either way, it'll happen if he (and the front office) want it to, and it won't if either party doesn't. It probably won't, but that doesn't mean I don't still want to see it.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
They don't, but the fans (well, some fans) do. Either way, it'll happen if he (and the front office) want it to, and it won't if either party doesn't. It probably won't, but that doesn't mean I don't still want to see it.
But what about the authentic fans that blamed him for all the mediocrity?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
G with a couple of 3rd period goals last night trying to will the Sens to a comeback W but they fell short. Now leads the Sens in scoring on his 36th birthday.

About to pass Bobby Smith for 81st overall for all time scoring, with Patrice Bergeron and then Daniel Sedin due next, while Joe Pavelski is running neck and neck with him.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Only 16 players in history have multiple 75+ point seasons after age 35:

Wayne Gretzky
Mario Lemieux
Gordie Howe
Alex Ovechkin
Jean Beliveau
Phil Esposito
Frank Mahovlich
Joe Sakic
Jean Ratelle
Teemu Selanne
Brett Hull
Johnny Bucyk
Adam Oates
Mats Sundin
Joe Pavelski
Ray Whitney

Giroux currently just about on pace to join that list.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Where does he rank in scoring among guys who played hockey in an era that includes skill, fitness, and goaltending?
1705074185404.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad