GDT: Germany Vs Finland - 12/25 - 6PM ET - TSN/NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Game-2.png

*Time above are Mountain Time

full

Germany
Extended Camp Roster

Forwards:
Manuel Alberg, Red Bull Hockey Juniors
Jakub Borzecki, Red Bull Hockey Juniors
Julian Chrobot, Kolner Haie
Samuel Dube, Red Bull Hockey Juniors
Florian Elias, Adler Mannheim
Enrico Henriquez-Morales, ERC Ingolstadt
Jan Nijenhuis, Grizzlys Wolfsburg
John Peterka, Red Bull Munich
Filip Reisnecker, Fischtown Pinguins Bremerhaven
Joshua Samanski, Owen Sound Attack (OHL)
Jan-Luca Schumacher, Heilbronner Falken
Markus Schweiger, ESV Kaufbeuren
Tim Stutzle, Adler Mannheim
Justin Volek, Ravensburg Tower Stars
Defencemen:
Lucas Flade, Dresdner Eislowen
Maximilian Glotzl, Kolner Haie
Simon Gnyp, Kolner Haie
Niklas Langer, Augsburger Panther
Luca Munzenberger, Kolner Haie
Tommy Pasanen, Clarkson University (NCAA)
Steven Raabe, Grizzlys Wolfsburg
Maksymilian Szuber, Red Bull Hockey Juniors
Mario Zimmermann, EV Landshut
Goaltenders:
Florian Bugl, Red Bull Hockey Juniors
Jonas Gahr, Lowen Frankfurt
Arno Tiefensee, Adler Mannheim

full

Finland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Forwards:
Samuel Helenius, JYP Jyvaskyla
Roni Hirvonen, Assat Pori
Roby Jarventie, Ilves Tampere
Benjamin Korhonen, KalPa Kuopio
Brad Lambert, JYP Jyvaskyla
Anton Lundell, Helsinki IFK
Matias Mantykivi, SaiPa Lappeenranta
Henri Nikkanen, Jukurit Mikkeli
Juuso Parssinen, TPS Turku
Mikko Petman, Lukko Rauma
Petteri Puhakka, TUTO Turku
Mikael Pyyhtia, TPS Turku
Aku Raty, Karpat Oulu
Kasper Simontaival, Tappara Tampere
Defencemen:
Santeri Hatakka, Ilves Tampere
Ville Heinola, Lukko Rauma
Mikko Kokkonen, Jukurit Mikkeli
Topi Niemela, Karpat Oulu
Kasper Puutio, Karpat Oulu
Ruben Rafkin, TPS Turku
Matias Rajaniemi, Lahti Pelicans
Eemil Viro, TPS Turku
Goaltenders:
Joel Blomqvist, Karpat Oulu
Kari Piiroinen, TUTO Turku
Roope Taponen, Kiekko Espoo

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Only having 14 skaters is going to be interesting for Germany. In reality Stutzle and Peterka would likely be playing about half the game anyway, so hopefully the other guys can cover the rest. 5 D will be tough without someone to lean on back there. I think there's enough there to keep it close though. 6-3 Finland

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
suprised they dont just pull out of the tournament.. i mean no team is going down this year what the point playing with 14 skaters.. legit treat for 3rd in group if they had there line up.

Reactions: Crosside

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
suprised they dont just pull out of the tournament.. i mean no team is going down this year what the point playing with 14 skaters.. legit treat for 3rd in group if they had there line up.

They probably hope that they will have more players available against Switzerland and Slovakia and could win at least one of these games. The Finland and Canada games are out of scope for them, they just need to survive them and hope for at least some of the sick players to be available later in the group stage.

Reactions: hockey20000

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I imagine these kids are pumped to prove everyone wrong.

like mentioned earlier in the thread, I would imagine they hope they can hold it together until re-enforcements arrive later in the tournament.

They need to be prepared for a very unpleasant experience in the first two games, possibly double digits losses. If they get the mentioned reinforcement after that, they could be competitive against SUI and SVK and still have chances for the QF.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
They need to be prepared for a very unpleasant experience in the first two games, possibly double digits losses. If they get the mentioned reinforcement after that, they could be competitive against SUI and SVK and still have chances for the QF.

Ya I bet it’s probably going to be a blood bath and they know it. They’ll probably adjust their game to stop the bleeding from being to bad.

Really unfortunate for them but I hope they can rise to the occasion.

Reactions: KristichBabych

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Ya I bet it’s probably going to be a blood bath and they know it. They’ll probably adjust their game to stop the bleeding from being to bad.

No doubt they need to play an extremely defensive game, just trying not to allow so many goals. Also, I expect the Finns to play with some respect to the difficult situation their opponent has been in and not destroy them with 12 goals or so. So perhaps it is going to be more like an extended practice for both teams.

Reactions: KristichBabych

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Germany will most likely have the best player on the ice and now, out of necessity, he will be playing more minutes.

I give Finland a 55% chance of winning. But I wouldn't be surprised if Germany wins.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Germany will most likely have the best player on the ice and now, out of necessity, he will be playing more minutes.

I give Finland a 55% chance of winning. But I wouldn't be surprised if Germany wins.

I would love to see a battle between the 2 teams.

2-2 going into the 3rd let’s gooo

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Germany just needs to survive the first couple games. As thin as their lineup is, things get much worse if they come down with an injury or run into penalty trouble.

The flip side is that I’ve seen rec teams get dramatically better with a short lineup as their good players get more playing time. Especially if the players missing are at the bottom of your roster. Addition through subtraction! :laugh:

Reactions: snipes and Czechboy

KristichBabych

Jun 15, 2018
Germany just needs to survive the first couple games. As thin as their lineup is, things get much worse if they come down with an injury or run into penalty trouble.

The flip side is that I’ve seen rec teams get dramatically better with a short lineup as their good players get more playing time. Especially if the players missing are at the bottom of your roster. Addition through subtraction! :laugh:
Yeah, like Ryan O'byrne with the Habs!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Anyone know if the third goalie can skate? Maybe 4th line wing or 7D?

I feel bad for Germany.. I see this tourney as a massive gap between top 5 and bottom5. I have my Czechs as the best of the bottom 5 (with zero chance of medalling) but if Germany had a full roster with Reichel and Seider, I think they were better than us and could've made some noise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad