German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
this schalke monchengladbach game is fun. monchengladbach unlucky not to be up 2-0, but schalke had a shot towards goal deflected over the goal by m'gladbach defender on the line.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bosz sounds like he wants out

It went on long enough that I started to wonder if BVB were waiting for him to resign to save money on a payout, hoping he'd want to salvage what was left of his reputation. The past few weeks their performance has been so hopeless. Not even chaotic Bosz football. Just nothing. I'm starting to suspect that there are real issues with team unity that go way beyond what Tuchel allegedly did to them. Older players like Sahin may resent being supplanted by a carousel of young, talented players. In the end, he grew uncertain which players or what style was best for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Freaking Dortmund lose to Bremen, about time Bosz is out, should have been out a few matches ago.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Monchengladbach should've won today against S04. VAR is so weird, but they made the right decision on both plays... must suck for real fans to watch their team's goal/penalty taken away by video, though. It's like the offside rule, kill all the momentum.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Monchengladbach should've won today against S04. VAR is so weird, but they made the right decision on both plays... must suck for real fans to watch their team's goal/penalty taken away by video, though. It's like the offside rule, kill all the momentum.

Still haven't watched that match yet but I can't deny being bummed by the result. Tedesco has schalke playing better, but BMG still plays a much more attractive brand of football.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I would have to think that there is something wrong with Dortmund's board or whatever for them to have taken this long to fire Bosz. My guess is that this might have something to do with how the team is public but I never really could understand that and its effect. Either way, it took too long, fortunately it's only like 4 points out of a CL spot so they should be able to get back in because none of the three or four other teams are consistent enough outside Bayern.

I just noticed the amount of assists Philipp Max has this season. What is he possessed by? :eek:

Their other fullback Opare isn't bad either (though I think he was suspended for this game). Max has a pretty good engine though, runs up and down the pitch arguably better than Kimmich, very mobile and aggressive. Some rumour today said he was being tracked by a bunch of good teams. Anyways, they should be favourites to win tmrw at home against Hertha.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Still haven't watched that match yet but I can't deny being bummed by the result. Tedesco has schalke playing better, but BMG still plays a much more attractive brand of football.

BMG was in cruise control until the own goal and they could've scored 2 or 3 goals but missed too many counters. Hazard didn't have a good game. Raffael, Stindl and Kramer stood out, imo. Raffael had a fantastic player in the Stindl's offside goal. As for S04, Harit is very good.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Their other fullback Opare isn't bad either (though I think he was suspended for this game). Max has a pretty good engine though, runs up and down the pitch arguably better than Kimmich, very mobile and aggressive. Some rumour today said he was being tracked by a bunch of good teams. Anyways, they should be favourites to win tmrw at home against Hertha.

Do you feel that he deserves a fair shout as the German NT's main LB?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
BMG was in cruise control until the own goal and they could've scored 2 or 3 goals but missed too many counters. Hazard didn't have a good game. Raffael, Stindl and Kramer stood out, imo. Raffael had a fantastic player in the Stindl's offside goal. As for S04, Harit is very good.

My boys, those three & Elvedi are my favorites on the team atm

Do you feel that he deserves a fair shout as the German NT's main LB?

Not ahead of Henrichs, Hector & Plattenhart...even if our NT shouldn't use FBs at all.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Not ahead of Henrichs, Hector & Plattenhart...even if our NT shouldn't use FBs at all.

Hector and Plattenhart are hard-working but boring players, the national team relies a tonne on crossing, I'd rather have Max than those two.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hector and Plattenhart are hard-working but boring players, the national team relies a tonne on crossing, I'd rather have Max than those two.

I'm not as high on Plattenhart as some but his crossing gets him in ahead of Max. Hector is a relatively quick thinker who doesn't slow down our possession game and give opponents an easy point to attack with their pressing like someone like Can does. He's a passable option for when the NT is playing a back 4.

Although again we should play a back three with Sane as our LWB; stick Kimmich, Brandt or maybe Weiser on the right and we are set on the flanks and able to play to our strengths down the middle...ideally rolling out a Hummels-Boateng-Kimmich back three behind Kroos/Weigl/Rudy & Gundo/Dahoud/Kramer; with a Müller, Werner/Stindl & Özil trident up front.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
If Loew tries playing a back three in the World Cup against a well coached team with a really good attack on the wings then the team is screwed and I'd expect a repeat of what happened at the past Euros. He has to be a bit more conservative and play two proper full-backs that can defend not a Sane type solution. The team just isn't good enough to control the game for 90 minutes, his coaching I've always thought was overrated but more importantly, this isn't 2010 Spain, they will dominate but they're far more open to counters.

But anyways, I don't wanna side-track this thread with non-relevant hypotheticals and non-Bundesliga stuff like that French guy always does. Back to the league....I'm looking pretty forward to the Hertha game and also wonder if Koln looks better now with the new manager (but I'm not gonna watch them against Freiburg, that's the most bleh team in the league right now).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What failed at the euros was the players who slowed down our possession and gave france opportunities to attack to create counters, not the lack of defensive players...that and Müller being in EM-form... Replace the 50 year old Schweini & Can with quicker thinkers like Kramer & one of the kids (or even Rudy) and those chances france got on the break disappear; setting up yet another german victory over Portugal to give us the opportunity to match spain's run in russia. So we must learn the right lesson from the euros and not "correct" things in the wrong direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark