German Football 2024/2025

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The new Kai

Hey! Don't be a jerk...Flo doesn't have Kai's physical tools, but Kai was never this gifted with the ball. Wirtz & Musiala are the most talented 21yo germans I have watched in real time. Even Götze & Özil weren't this magical.

Guess we won't be seeing any tire pumping of "Germany's best defender" after this one? :laugh:

I missed the later match yesterday, was Chabot responsible for the goals? Might have to check out the highlights if they were his fault. He's not as good in space as he is sitting deeper, but he's excelled at both over the past 14months...even if he's not as good on the ball as Rüdi / Nico / Tah / Anton.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hey! Don't be a jerk...Flo doesn't have Kai's physical tools, but Kai was never this gifted with the ball. Wirtz & Musiala are the most talented 21yo germans I have watched in real time. Even Götze & Özil weren't this magical.
It was a compliment. Kai was insanely fun to watch before being Chelsea’d

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Tah is soooo clumsy

That should have been a penalty for Frankfurt

I'm usually down to rip on Tah for zoning out, but I think he played that as well as he could've. I would not have been surprised if that had been a pen, but it wasn't a clearcut penalty and I thought he walked that line perfectly...any less contact and he wouldn't have prevented the goal, any more and it would've definitely been a pen.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I figured, but wanted to make a joke about how compared to Flo, even Kai wasn't special. Kid's just stupefyingly good :laugh:
No disrespect to Flo who has more talent I just think you’re underrating Kai in Leverkusen. He was able to play across the forward line and in the KDB position.he drove the play and could create for his teammates as much as for himself. He was insane.

Maybe the secret sauce was Palacios?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh f*** this. Football gods, you’re being real dicks here. Burkardt has missed enough time because of injuries. Breaking him again right after making his senior NT debut is just cruel.

Burkhardt out injured after 20 mins.

Looked like his hamstring too *sigh*

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No disrespect to Flo who has more talent I just think you’re underrating Kai in Leverkusen. He was able to play across the forward line and in the KDB position.he drove the play and could create for his teammates as much as for himself. He was insane.

Maybe the secret sauce was Palacios?

Again Kai has all of the physical tools with excellent technical skills, he really shows us what Draxler might have been if he had cared a little more about the whole playing football thing, even without going full-Rapey Ronaldo.

I was skeptical of both living up to the hype when they first broke through so I’m in a weird spot talking about this in retrospect, but even at 17yo Wirtz was the great magician while Kai was the perfect false 9 to create space for his more gifted teammate and reap the rewards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad