German football 2020/21

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So Reinier's signing has nothing to do with Reus then.

The media has been speculating that it did.

I think it's probably related to Reus with the relation being dependent on the result of his injury. When Reus was considered likely to miss a lot of time, it was viewed as a Reus replacement. Now they are claiming that Reinier was brought in because the club can no longer count on Reus.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Yeah that’s quite telling. You don’t go from small to that big at his age without help.

He just turned 25. While I'm not going to say yes or no to PEDs, you absolutely can bulk up naturally as a 25 year old if you adjust your training regime accordingly. This isn't Barry Bonds bulking up in his early to mid 30s.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He just turned 25. While I'm not going to say yes or no to PEDs, you absolutely can bulk up naturally as a 25 year old if you adjust your training regime accordingly. This isn't Barry Bonds bulking up in his early to mid 30s.
You certainly can, but you're talking about adding an intense training regime on top of what is already an unrealistic playing/training schedule throughout the year while playing at the top level in a sport that requires ridiculous amounts of endurance training already.

Top level footy alone at this point is almost at an inhuman, unrealistic level in terms of what is required of the athletes from training to playing. Adding that kind of bulk at the same time? It's like thinking Milner is clean.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There was also no doping control while they weren't playing. He went straight from extremely skinny to Adama Traore size in that time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lol. If people think players aren't doped they're out of their mind. With how much running there is now it's impossible to not be doped in some way.
From Traore's Hulk-like muscles, you would think that he spends every waking moment away from the football pitch in the gym, lifting weights.
In reality, though, Traore has admitted a surprising fact: he does not lift weights. In fact, he has never lifted a weight in his life.
"No, I haven't lifted a single weight. I know people won't believe it, but it's true," he told Marca.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The strange part about this is that it’s not the steroid that gives the muscles. If you take steroids and sit around, nothing will happen. The steroid gives you the ability to work out like an animal and to recover much more quickly, but you still have to put in that work.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The strange part about this is that it’s not the steroid that gives the muscles. If you take steroids and sit around, nothing will happen. The steroid gives you the ability to work out like an animal and to recover much more quickly, but you still have to put in that work.

Yep. He's just straight out lying about not lifting weights. The only way you could look like that without lifting weights is to have plastic muscles put in your body.

Reactions: koyvoo

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
What makes me think that Traore at least lifts is that I have never seen anyone anywhere close to as muscular as he is that doesn’t lift a lot of weights or use some type of supplements, so it makes it doubly unlikely what he’s saying. Even if he was saying he does very little weight lifting or use of supplements, I wouldn’t believe that. To say he does none of either is completely unbelievable.

Reactions: koyvoo

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He could be doing bodyweight exercises and gear.

Did he make any mention of bodyweight? I think you're right that it's possible to look like that doing only bodyweight, although I still find it unlikely. And while he didn't mention it, I'm guessing that he's suggesting he does no strength training, weight lifting or bodyweight.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Terrific news. The back five got us a lot of points in boring wins, but with the tactics and formation we used with it, it was never going to be enough to unseat Bayern.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Finally Robert Lewandowski won the "Footballer of the year" in Germny. Congrats, well deserved.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Some interesting transfers seem to happen.
Kevin Volland to AS Monaco, Patrick Schick from Roma to Leverkusen. Schalke might sign Ibisevic. and Robin Koch moves from Freiburg to Leeds United.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
For the record (we have to be interested these days): VfL Wolfsburg lost the CL final to Olympique Lyon yesterday 1-3. WOB girls lost, Lyon girls won I mean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad