Emil Kristensen - Oskarshamn
Stefan Lassen - Graz
Markus Lauridsen - Lake Erie
Phillip Bruggisser - Kristiansstad

Goalies:

Patrick Galbraith - Karlskrona
Simon Nielsen - Luokko
Sebastian Dahm - Rødovre

Possible additions: Lars Eller (Montreal), Peter Regin(Chicago), Frederik Andersen (Anaheim)

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Without Andersen the goalie department looks questionable. D doesn't look very convincing either. Pretty good offensively though.

If you could add Ehlers, Frans Nielsen, Regin and Eller, that would be a beast line-up in terms of forward talent.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Without Andersen the goalie department looks questionable. D doesn't look very convincing either. Pretty good offensively though.

If you could add Ehlers, Frans Nielsen, Regin and Eller, that would be a beast line-up in terms of forward talent.

Apparently some Danes dont think Ehlers is ready for pro hockey :shakehead
I think he would fit perfect. Unfortunately I am not the coach. Add to those four Oliver Bjorkstrand and Niklas Hardt and our forwards would be epic in terms of talent.

Still, it is close to being the strogest roster we have ever entered a WCH with and spots are open if any of the players in playoffs are eliminated. Really could use some qualitycenters........

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Apparently some Danes dont think Ehlers is ready for pro hockey :shakehead
I think he would fit perfect. Unfortunately I am not the coach. Add to those four Oliver Bjorkstrand and Niklas Hardt and our forwards would be epic in terms of talent.

Still, it is close to being the strogest roster we have ever entered a WCH with and spots are open if any of the players in playoffs are eliminated. Really could use some qualitycenters........
Ehlers already played in NLA in 2012/2013, blew up QMJHL this season, is amongst the top prospects for this year's draft and yet he's not ready for pro hockey?

How is he not better than a few guys from a semi-pro Danish league in the current Danish line-up? That's ridiculous.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

I agree that without Andersen goalie standard falls down a lot, but Galbraith had a good year in Allsvenskan and should be the starter without question. Simon Nielsen on the contrary have had an abysmal year.

You say that D doesn't look convincing but it's actually near the optimum available for Denmark.
We have basically no depth in d-men.
Only Daniel Nielsen (Hamburg) and Mads Bødker (Düsseldorfer) are missing, but 6-7'th Kristensen & Brugisser are very raw internationally, so hope they can cope with the pressure.

But if we had Nielsen, Eller, Regin, Hardt, N. Ehlers & O. Bjørkstrand on the roster it would be excellent, but it's still pretty good offensively compared with rosters in the past.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
But if we had Nielsen, Eller, Regin, Hardt, N. Ehlers & O. Bjørkstrand on the roster it would be excellent, but it's still pretty good offensively compared with rosters in the past.

Yeah, imagine the 3 first lines..

Mikkel Bødker - Frans Nielsen - Nicklas Jensen
Nikolaj Ehlers - Lars Eller - Oliver Bjorkstrand (youngster line)
Nicklas Hardt - Peter Regin - Jannik Hansen (power line with scoring abilities)

well.. one can always dream..maybe OG 2018...

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Ehlers already played in NLA in 2012/2013, blew up QMJHL this season, is amongst the top prospects for this year's draft and yet he's not ready for pro hockey?

How is he not better than a few guys from a semi-pro Danish league in the current Danish line-up? That's ridiculous.

I am with you all the way. I dont understand it either. Both him and Oliver Bjorkstrand would be major upgrades

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I am with you all the way. I dont understand it either. Both him and Oliver Bjorkstrand would be major upgrades

On which line would you play them?

It's not that I don't think he is ready..I just don't see him on the first two And I don't see him as a 3rd or 4th liner.
Adding him to the 3rd line would split up our most productive line pre tournament

Copied DK Rookie's estimates of the likely lines...I think its a good guess
Mikkel Bødker - Morten Green - Nicklas Jensen
Mads Christensen - Morten Madsen - Jannik Hansen
Frederik Storm - Jesper Jensen - Patrick Bjorkstrand
Morten H. Poulsen - Julian Jakobsen - Kim Staal (or Thomas Spelling?)

Oliver Lauridsen - Philip Larsen
Jesper B. Jensen - Emil Kristensen
Stefan Lassen - Markus Lauridsen
+ Phillip Bruggisser

Patrick Galbraith
Simon Nielsen

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

It's not that I don't think he is ready..I just don't see him on the first two And I don't see him as a 3rd or 4th liner.
Adding him to the 3rd line would split up our most productive line pre tournament

Although I can understand it can be hard to see the finer nuances just glancing at the roster I think this is a important point to be made.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Which is exactly why you bring Ehlers in the minute he is eliminated from the playoffs, so you can get a closer look at him. If none of the possible additions are cleared or advance to the next round of the playoffs you have a couple of spots on the team that you might as well fill out. Why not take Ehlers and have him train with the others all the time? He doesnt have to be added to the roster until they know about the other players. In my opinion it would add value just to have him around so he could soak up as much as possible experiencewise and playing with adults. If he chose to play in SHL last season instead of qmjhl would we be having this discussion at all?

Slohockey

Feb 13, 2014
If everyone of offensive forces would be here (F. Nielsen, Hardt, Regin, Eller) that would have been one of the TOP 8 attacking teams in 2014 WC in my opinion.

Beside some other cool teams (Kazakhstan, France, Norway, Germany, Switzerland) I will be cheering for them :handclap:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
If everyone of offensive forces would be here (F. Nielsen, Hardt, Regin, Eller) that would have been one of the TOP 8 attacking teams in 2014 WC in my opinion.

Beside some other cool teams (Kazakhstan, France, Norway, Germany, Switzerland) I will be cheering for them :handclap:

Maybe not a top 8 team, but comparing with the roster 10-15 years back really shows how far we have moved in a short period of time. Furthermore the oldest of the new generation are barely 30 yet, so it looks promising for the Olympics 2018 if we can avoid serious injuries and keep the trend.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
if Swiss can play with Fiala, Canada play with Reinhart... I don't see why Denmark can't make it happen #ehlers

I Wouldn't mind seeing him or Bjork on the team.
Both better than half the team already...

Now hearing Leon will play for Germany and Fiala for the Swiss, it makes even less sense not to use him! This is a chance for him to prove he can play against men.
And since most teams arent't bringing their "A" teams, it's not like he will be overpowered.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I would like to see him but I get the decision. Inviting over after a very long season to then only use him in a minor role....

The hc has ruled them out so it doesn't even matter.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
As you say, a moot discussion, but for the fun of it. I could argue that he could get sheltered minutes on the top lines.

Long season, but it could have been longer still had Halifax won, so I suspect he is still ready to go. I honestly think his speed, creativity and eagerness to impress would do a difference when on ice.

Even though I do not agree, I totally get it.. Could be detrimental for both him and the team if he had a bad showing.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Even though I do not agree, I totally get it.. Could be detrimental for both him and the team if he had a bad showing.

It doesnt matter if he has a bad showing!!! He is 18 and one of the guys Denmark should build their roster around in the future. He might as well get used to playing with the other guys, if not in game then just in training. I really, really do not understand why you are not bringing core talent with you to this sort of training camp even if it was just for 10 days. He could even go with them to Belarus and if Eller and Regin both advance to conference finals with Montreal and Chicago he could then be brought in as a healthy scratch or something. We want him to learn our new way of playing, find out where there is chemistry and where there isn't. It is not like he in the future can go home for trainingcamp everytime Denmark plays friendly games....

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
It doesnt matter if he has a bad showing!!! He is 18 and one of the guys Denmark should build their roster around in the future. He might as well get used to playing with the other guys, if not in game then just in training. I really, really do not understand why you are not bringing core talent with you to this sort of training camp even if it was just for 10 days. He could even go with them to Belarus and if Eller and Regin both advance to conference finals with Montreal and Chicago he could then be brought in as a healthy scratch or something. We want him to learn our new way of playing, find out where there is chemistry and where there isn't. It is not like he in the future can go home for trainingcamp everytime Denmark plays friendly games....

Well you could argue that he might be a player who lives on confidence like Eller, so a bad WC followed by a drop in the drafts could hurt him. Not saying it will, and I don't get the feeling Ehlers is weak kid mentally.

But other than that, I do agree, I do not understand why he is not brought in for just a few games. Screw if some guys would feel cheated, this about who is best.

Just like I don't hire the lesser guy at jobinterviews, no matter how much experience the other guys has.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark

I would not complain if they had taken him. Just trying to show the reasoning behind it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad