Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Speaking of Jones, good first period for him. Chicago is just a better team than Iowa, so he's going to have his work cut out for him, but he stopped all 11 that period.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Jones may lose this game, but he's been very good tonight. He's the only reason it's still 2-1 right now and not 5-1, 6-1.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Jones may lose this game, but he's been very good tonight. He's the only reason it's still 2-1 right now and not 5-1, 6-1.

I think the ECHL team is just a tire fire all around. So I don't put a lot into his stats from there this year.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the ECHL team is just a tire fire all around. So I don't put a lot into his stats from there this year.

I haven't watched any ECHL games (ever) this season, but the player I watched tonight and the stat line from his ECHL games don't match. Not totally sure why he's down there, but it seems like a weird way to develop him.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I haven't watched any ECHL games (ever) this season, but the player I watched tonight and the stat line from his ECHL games don't match. Not totally sure why he's down there, but it seems like a weird way to develop him.

Part of being a goalie is being able to just move on from a GA and on to the next shot. For example, Kemps used to get stuck in his own head after giving up a goal and he was shaky the rest of the game. Kahk did that his first few NHL games, when 1 GA turned into 2 or 3 in a 5 min timeframe.

He is seeing 35-40 shots a game in the ECHL, so there is that. It's the same as any prospect needing regular games instead of just practice time. When you have 2 prospect goalies it usually ends up as one in the AHL and one in the ECHL so they both get playing time.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, I think Boldy is ready to come up now. What he needs now is a taste of the NHL so he can adjust his game accordingly.

When he does come up, how does it play out? Is one of Bjugstad, Rask, or ______ put on waivers and sent down?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So, I think Boldy is ready to come up now. What he needs now is a taste of the NHL so he can adjust his game accordingly.

When he does come up, how does it play out? Is one of Bjugstad, Rask, or ______ put on waivers and sent down?
I think we’re going to be disappointed. Can’t see Guerin doing that. Maybe Rask.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

They have been running a 22 man roster most of the year and have a ton of cap space, so nobody needs to be sent anywhere. They have a 23rd guy as the pressbox d-man currently but that's just because Spurgeon is out and Benn is playing.

Freddy G is out for another week or so in COVID protocols. He'll push one of Rask/Bjugstad back into the pressbox. A Boldy callup would push the other one there.

I think Boldy needs a callup as well for his developmen, It won't happen until injuries happen, a COVID outbreak, the team starts slumping, or Pitlick turns into a pumpkin. They are on a nice win streak and leading the Division. It's hard to justify putting an AHL callup in the lineup over the guys already there when things are going good.

I'm also thinking they want to give Boldy a chance to force his way into the lineup and not just a quick game or two callup.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

6 game win streak and team rolling, it will take an injury or two to get him up, and a long term injury to keep him up. They won't fiddle with the locker room without extreme need, especially when you have him getting confidence in the AHL too.

Pitlick would be the obvious spot to fill, but Rem is looking very good, honestly wish Fiala made a few more feed attempts his way lately. Boldy might actually be a very good player to have alongside Rem too.

Without injury, it would take a combination of Bjugstad, Rask, or Sturm's play completely falling off, even still, they fill their roles well and would need to be moved, tricky in Rask's situation, even though he is expiring. Suffice to say, if the team stays healthy, I don't think we see him in prolonged play for a while.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's just that he looks very, very, good in the AHL. Saw him get hit last night when he was off balance and reaching, and the guy just bounced off - he looks stronger this year. Hands, IQ/vision, shot are all there. Don't know that he'll ever be a speedster. He's like a giant Granlund with a shot.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Can Pitlick play C? I thought he had played some in the past. He seems smart and again I’m not saying he needs to be amazing but the bar is better than Rask. Fiala-Pitlick-Boldy would be fun… shelter them defensively… we have two really good “checking” lines in the Sturm line and Ek line.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy just hobbled off after a crunching hit. Can't put any weight on his ankle. That's Rossi, Dewar, and Boldy all out with an injury of some sort. Hope Boldy's isn't as bad as it looked.

Boldy still out a period later. Iowa looks like crap.

Last edited:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
What's up with Khusnutdinov? He was looking close to a point a game early on. Now he's at 11 points in 29 games.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
What's up with Khusnutdinov? He was looking close to a point a game early on. Now he's at 11 points in 29 games.

I don't think anyone expected him to keep up that pace, but his production is still good for his age in KHL.

The real question is, why hasn't he been playing for the past two weeks?

P10p

May 15, 2012

SKA added Gusev (one of the best players historically in the KHL) late into their season and this took a lot of opportunity from Kusnutdinov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad